Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-02-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
while I'm trying to keep my chin up, it's 1 AM and it's pouring out. We may need to think if Sunday is a viable option.
Doreen, keep dancin', sister! We need a miracle!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2006, 2:27 AM Reply   
F THE RAIN! It's 5:27 am and it's time to WAKE UP NEW JERSEY AND GET IT ON!!!!!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2006, 3:40 AM Reply   
We still a go with Wakefest!!!

The weather will be clearing-out today. Everyone come down, plus I think we'll have the river all to ourselves today!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-03-2006, 4:31 AM Reply   
IT's on!
Weather be damned!

See you all for the first annual JErsey Riders Wakefest!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2006, 5:09 AM Reply   
does anybody know if we can get the launch permit at the ramp? We are going to go.
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-03-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Wow! What a day!

Thank you everyone for putting together a great event!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-03-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
it was great meeting most of you...now i know whose who and i second to what kyle said
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2006, 2:31 AM Reply   
what pro's showed up if any?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
Upload

Jeff Barton did come through and there were some pros there. Here is Parks and Brett with my son Alex. Props to all you guys for the work you did to get this event going. From overcoming bad weather to the great food and raffle prizes it all went great. I think almost everybody went home with something.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Well, the 1st annual NJ east-west wakefest was a huge sucess! Thanks to everyone for coming out yesterday in some less-than-perfect weather. (Including some groups from Long Island and Mass.)

Despite the rain, it was great to put alot of names with faces, meet Parks and Brett, do some riding and just generally talk wakeboarding!

Props to JB, Alex and crew, Eustace and all the NJ riders who helped make this happen.

Special thanks to all the sponsors, way to step up to the plate! Many raffle prizes were given away to alot of happy people!

And finally, big thanks to Brett & Parks for joining us all day! We really appreciate you coming!

-Dave

(Message edited by njskier on June 04, 2006)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
What an amazing 1st annual New Jersey East West Wake Fest. I finally got to meet and talk with some good people that I have wanted to meet for a while. Like Brian and Annette, Pops Lef,Jeff Z and his friend(whose name I forgot,sorry) from Mass., Craig from Surf and Off shore, and the Micah(cool dude).Elias and crew nice to meet you guys as well.

A big thank you to Alex,Doreen, Doreen's son and his girlfriend,JB,Brian,Dave,all the sponsors and the township of Bordentown for making yesterday happen.

Thanks to Parks and Brett for coming out being part of our event.

Yesterday the weather was horrible but the event was cool, the people I met were great and I PLAYED POKER WITH PARKS BONIFAY. How could you top that?

Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
Nice to meet everyone this weekend, we had a blast "debris dodging" (may have found a new sport!). Hopefully this will become a yearly event, and if any help is needed planning the next put me down as someone to count on! If anyone travels to the Poconos and is up in the Lake Wallenpaupak area drop me a note!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
Hey Gavin I saw in your profile you do some jeep competions. That looks pretty wild.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, leaving Thursday night for a comp in SC. Long haul for a quick weekend, but we are sitting first in points for that series so we need to go. Plus our sponsors help us out A LOT. We will be competing in Hazleton PA the weekend of June 24&25 if you want to check it out in person. It is pretty wild to see! You will leave there baffled at where we take our vehicles, and the punishment we put them through!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
WOW, Saturday was an epic day!
Yes the weather was not the best anyone has experienced but there were so many factors that made it great that I really don't think anyone cared about the 2 downpours we had!

First off, a million thanks go out to;
Alex Kinon, Jeff Barton & Diamond Dave - for putting together a great event. Swag, food and a great Emcee really made the day.

Extra huge thanks to Brett Eisenhower and Parks Bonifay for coming to NJ to spread the stoke of the sport. Brett toughed out the Deleware river conditions to demo his moves. Parks toughed out our NJ ways and hung out with the crowd regardless of any pain his knee might have been giving him.(If you guys read this thread) Your efforts both were very appreciated and admired. Like it says in one of the more recent issues of Wakeboard Magazine, "The Pros are accessible".

It was a pleasure to see a bunch of you again, and to meet for the first time a whole host of ppl.

Thanks again everyone for a really great day!
KG
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Where to begin! (i'll leave out the horrible weather part) I guess I'll start with the thanks:

Many thanks go out to:

1. Brett Eisenhauer, Parks Bonifay, Austin Langston & Robb Reid from Global Boarding, and Matt Hickman from Wakeboarding Magazine for all braving the weather and coming to New Jersey for our first real wakeboarding event! Many props to you all for being such awesome guests and for giving us a great show to watch as well as hanging out and letting us chat with you. we really appreciate it!!

2. All of the NJ riders crew that helped put this event together and make it a reality! Great job to everyone! We hit it off and it was an important milestone in the sport of wakeboarding for our area! Jeff Barton as well, you really came through with the Pro's as well as sponsors offering swag! We are very lucky to have an individual with such an industry presence as you do live in New Jersey and help make this happen!

3. All of the sponsors that offered great swag for the raffles and giveaways! A lot of people left our event with sick gear and a smiling face!

4. The dealers that showed up with some pretty sweet rides to look at

5. Last but not least, all of the area riders, far and near that came to the event, stuck it out through the rain and made the event a great success!

P.S. I also want to thank REDBULL for the appearance and free Redbull's!! I am stocked!

I also wanted to get a ride in, (esp. behind Robb Reid's X-Star and try out Austin's CWB Abs. Plat. & Zeus set up) but stayed ashore the whole day, what a lamer I am!!

Looking forward to the next one in 2007!
Old    pj_from_long_i            06-05-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
What's up Jersey crew!!! I just want to send out a big props and thank you to you guys down there. We had a great time riding the Delaware at the 1st Annual NJ Wakefest, and the rain didn't hold us back one bit. Thanks for putting on a super fun event, and giving out some killer shwag. I'm looking forward to next year!
If anyone is looking for a tow up here on the north shore of Long Island, give me a shout. PEACE!!!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Despite the weather and long train ride, it was an awesome event and I send props to everyone that made it happen. Thanks again for putting everything together and bringing surreal sponsors to the event. Much appreciated.

If I didn't say it before, I always feel that wakeboarders are some of the most generous and friendly people out there and the Wakefest confirmed that all the way.

It was great meeting everyone!!
Next year, it will be all sunny without a breeze, I swear!
Old    gosia            06-05-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
Anybody have pics? Post them up!
Old    jk0055            06-05-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
It was a great time at wake fest. It was especially great for the riders that are less fortunate to ride off a tower. The day couldn't have gone better. The people were great. Thanks to people like Gavin. Is there a picture of the group going to be posted anywhere?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff Lankenau I see your from V-Town. Where do you usually ride?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Brian....you have mail! The pic of Parks & Anthony came out great! It's definately worth framing for sure!

I also would like to thank those who helped with this event. But I'm going to start with the not so obvious and the hard work that goes into an event like this.

From helping to put up banners at the site and getting it ready for this great event to
helping build the stage and at the end breaking it down for Jeff to work the mic and get the crowd going. Jim B, you rule!

The effortless long hard hour of Kevin & Brian trying to get that generator going again and finally fixing it.

Dave for keeping post at the food court. I saw him for a total of 15 mins all day!

Ryan & Kaitlyn for making sure people were forever opening thier wallets for raffles and event shirts!

Justin, Michele and alot of the others that helped with the setup at the site.

Jeff B...we are thankful for all of the people you know in this great industry and the connections you have for what and who you brought to this event.

Last but not least...I would like to especially thank Alex for all the weeks of up front work and the ton of phone calls that went into getting the sponsors on board for the free swag donated to make this great event a memorable one.
Hard work and labor, as well as what seemed liked endless trips to the site before hand to map and plan it all out from where the stage would go, to making sure there was room for every last sponsor banner he was sent.

Thank you Alex...your hard work and passion for this event was much appreciated!!

What a great start to the season!
Old    jk0055            06-06-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
I usually ride in Sea Isle City. It has a lot of back bays that make it like glass to ride. The marsh blocks the wind. It's also close to the fingers in Avalon.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Alex, Doreen, David, Justin & Michele thank you all for everything! You folks took in the outsiders and made us feel at home...Thanks again!

We had one hell of a day despite the weather, can't wait for round two. Thanks to P.B. for pullin' that lucky ticket which landed me my new deck, by the way...Connor, this time next year you should be able to show me some moves on that new skate of yours!!, Nice Grab along with the other stick & bindings!

Again to the people of NJ, Thank You!
I couldn't of asked for a better extended weekend/vacation
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-06-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Jeff,
were gonna have to get together and ride one of these days...I'm in Avalon!

Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-06-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
A ‘Big Thank You’ to everyone who took part in the 1st Annual Jersey Riders East-West Wakefest!

The mood was upbeat despite the crappy weather, and everyone from the casual attendee to the Pro riders in attendance shared a part in making this a memorable event.

Ps- we are putting a call out for a 3rd for this Sunday

(Message edited by eustace on June 06, 2006)
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-06-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Wow...it's so different reading the posts when there is a face to put to the screen names!
I am sitting in my office looking outside at the pool that it overlooks...thinking...might be fun to sneak in some time and try some stuff if I had a winch...Only knee deep but it's funny how the wakeboarding mind works.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Eustace,

Kyle and I should be available for sunday.
Weather looks good (83 and sunny!)

Call me on my cell.

Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
HE did it again. Dave changed his name again . Dave I like your new profile picture. The boat looks bad @ss.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Thanks, Jim!

Some people do call me Diamond Dave, but after Opie & Anthony bashed David Lee Roth on the radio today (for good reason), I decided to stay away from any association with that guy!

Kelly,

Sorry that I didn't get some time to chat with you saturday. Hope you had a good time and got some riding in at wakefest. Nice board by the way!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
Did anyone notice that Kelly Lee from Mass. is the newest Riders Link featured rider? That's awesome. I'm going to read the interview now, but wanted to post about it!!

Way to go Kelly! How'd you hook that up?
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
After seeing Justin's post, I read the interview...Awesome Kelly...Great interview! Congrats!!

Justin did a great job thanking everyone from Saturday for the both of us...we had a great time!

As far as this Sunday, we have a Christening we have to go to...anyone planning on going out Saturday?? Supposed to be 78 and sunny...
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yes! Very cool Kelly....
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I read that story about Kelly yesterday. Awesome!

Kelly, it was great to meet you last saturday. You are definitely a very dedicated wakeboarder, we were glad to have you attend the wakefest! (For those who didn't know, Kelly took the train down from Boston to NJ just to come to our event.)

So, who has some pics from saturday? (I didn't take any) :-(
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Upload
parks and me at wakefest
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hoping the president of my fan club gives me a call...just wanted to see if you were going to make it out for the wakegames.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-07-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone!

I was surprised myself that they asked me to do the interview and jumped at the chance.
It's funny seeing myself now~
I am nowhere near the level of riding of any of the riders out there but dedication I have...

As soon as someone shuts the sky somehow here in Boston, I am on my next quest for a pull~~
Old    jerkface            06-08-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
im the dude that won the poker game..just wanted to say whats up and that whole day was awesome!..oh and that j star is amazing!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Hey Dean nice job on the poker game. Have you rode the board?

Doreen: Thanks for the kind words. You also rock!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-09-2006, 3:51 AM Reply   
Hello All!
Sorry it's taken me a few days to recover from all the entertaining surrounding our Wakefest event! I'm just starting to feel like my old self!

Props out to everyone who came out to Wakefest last weekend. While I am proud to have been part of the organizational crew, it was the assembled crowd that truly made the event the success that it was. With weather that crappy we had every reason to abandon the day, but everyone went forward undeterred and it was a great day! The energy was fantastic and the stoke everyone shared was infectious!

Alex, Doreen and Connor: great job with the stage, sound, and the creation of our social hub.

Dave, you and your family did a great job on the grill and grub! It was a dicey proposition cooking food in the torrential downpour and you pulled it off well. Emeril would have been impressed.

Jim, Bryan and KG, nice sugical procedure you guys performed on the generator! Without you guys we would have had a significant hole in our event.

I was so happy to meet as many new faces in the world of wakeboarding. Kelly, congrats on your profile here on wakeworld! That's got to make you feel good. And look at how humble you are- not a mention of it to anyone.

Congrats go out to all of our raffle winners, even Connor, who took homw about a $1000 worth of gear! A nice haul for a pre teen!

PArks and Ike were impressed with the event as well. In fact, the rain helped prove how dedicated our group is to moving wakeboarding forward in our region. They know that bad weather usually drives people away from an event and they couldn't believe that everyone not only stayed but the positive attitude flowed all around our festival area.

Just like others of you out there, my wheels are already turning in preparation of our next event.

GREAT WORK TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE JERSEY RIDERS WAKEFEST!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-09-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
Gerald thats a great picture.

JB I got a chance to see some video of the masters from a few weeks ago and I must say, you did a great job behind the mic.

Hey Brian I bought a Lincoln wire feed mig welder at a yard sale. So in the fall you'll have to show me how to weld.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Sweet Jim! Hmm, I smell a winch project!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Brian is going to show me how to weld too!!! (figure 8's.....figure 8's)
Old    whitenight            06-09-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made this possible. I have been thinking about that weekend everyday. Makes me want to ride instead of work. I would love to do this again any time. I must admit Jeff B is one of the most passionate MC's I have ever seen. well thank you hope to see everyone again. Hay Jeff Lank I know will be riding in Sea isle this week end no matter what. peace.
Old    jerkface            06-09-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
nah man i didn't get a chance to ride it yet. every day i've been off work has been stormy..... but hopefully monday me and my roomate will be on the water...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Ahhhhhh, I think the rain has stopped..You sly Cat!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
I learned to wakesurf today....big thanks to Eustace and family.

A bit windy today for riding (one set was enough) but wake surfing was a very cool thing to do instead! (Annette, your a good driver...thanks!)
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Hey I've got a big question/favor to ask of anyone on here. I'm loking for a nail gun with compressor and hose to borrow for a couple of weeks, so I can finish framing a lot quicker with the remodeling of my house. I'd be more than happy to float a few bucks your way, would just buy my own but I'm only putting up a total of about 10-11 walls, so it's not really cost effective to get one right now. If anyone has one shoot me an email at russmorrell@hotmail.com, or call me at 215-219-4738
Thanks

Russ
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
MONDAY EVENING RIDES:

I'm offering-up pulls to our local riders (you know who you are) on monday evenings between 4-8pm. I would launch out of B-town. The river should be empty of boats which means more buttah!

I could start doing this on monday June 19th.
If interested, let me know!

PS, if you can't make it at 4pm, no big deal just come out when you get off work.

Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
Jealous of those monday evening rides Dave....:-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Kelly,

Green with envy?.......just check the monday train schedule
Old    jk0055            06-13-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Yea I am very interested, that would be great. I will be there if thats fine with you.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Dave,

I think I'd like to be in on your monday excursions as well. Having a set schedule will he me secure supervision for my kids so I can just fly up there in the afternoon.

I like the thoughts of plenty of buttah! I need to ride!

JB
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
JB, I need to watch you ride! Awesome, I'll count you in for monday evenings.

Jeff L, did I meet you at wakefest? If you rode with Gavin, I'm sure I saw you, just too many people to put all the names/faces together.
If you're in for mondays, that's cool.

I believe Eustace is on this wagon also.
This should be a regular monday session, the M.A.D. crew! (monday afternoon delaware crew)

Anyone else local? Justin, Michele, Jim, Russ?
Could be a nice after-work party :-)
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
That is a very generous offer Dave...an offer that we will have to take you up on, of course...Especially considering we move in to our place in Hamilton this Friday. Perfect timing...we'll be right near the ramp. We love riding after work during the week, no one is out there and the river is glass. Plus, it gives us something to look forward to at the end of a long work day.

We are in!!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Dave W, Monday evenings sound great if you are willing to pull me. My knee is still recovering, this Monday may be a little early. The following Monday, definitely.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2006, 3:12 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave but I work nights. We need to grab some people and visit Blue Marsh Lake on a Friday this summer.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I don't play golf but love the idea of tee times.

anybody want to set up an AM tee time during the week. I know most people start work early, but if anybody is up for it.....I can ride weekday mornings all summmer at bordentown.

one day i'd love to belong to a club like http://members.aol.com/svsvsv/ they are in MD, minutes from downtown DC and a ridiculous set-up. they have real tee times, but they ski, no boarding.

anybody going out this friday, anytime?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Okay, here's the NJ M.A.D. crew as I see it so far:

JB
Justin
Michele
Eustace
Jeff L
Justin Haworth
Me & Kyle

Russ, I'll save a spot for you too, if you're available.

That should be enough ballast....I mean riders.:-) I'll be at the Bordentown ramp monday at 4pm. I'll e-mail my cell# to those of you that don't have it already.

Jim, Blue Marsh on a friday.....yeah I'm there!
Who else wants to play hooky on a friday soon?
Don't forget it will already be July in 2 weeks!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
On a different topic, the San bar marina is hosting a wakeboard clinic with Gerry Nunn. Dates are June 30, July 1, July 2. Location is Lake Hopatcong. Cost is $75.00 for 1/2 day session. Great idea, but keep in mind it's on a busy holiday weekend, so if anyone is thinking of going, shoot for friday June 30th. The weekends up there are a zoo.

More info at www.sanbarmarina.com

I'm not going, but I thought I'd pass it along.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-14-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
I think im going
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-14-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Well, it's been about two weeks since I last posted anything here and I think I have A LOT to get caught-up on!

First, The Wakefest. It was pretty amazing, wasn't it? Yes, the weather was crap, but over-all I think
it was a great day, and I truly believe that everyone who attended left happy. Yes, I made a few mistakes
here and there in my planning, but I've learned from those over-sights and they'll never recur.
One of the mistakes I made was leaving my camera batteries at home. I bought a $20 sleeve of batteries so
I'd absolutely not run out, but like a goof I left the entire sleeve at 60 Sylvia. Thus, I'd be REALLY
appreciative if everyone who has pictures can email me everything they have. I'd really like to have
ALL the event pictures in one big pile and then sort through them all. Please email everything you have to
akinon@optonline.net

I did get a few pictures however. Here's one of me, Brett and Parks. I clearly had just come in out of the rain!
Upload

Here's one of Parks and Maryland wakeboarder Deb Haggart. Look closely at the far left edge.
Upload

Finally, here's one of JB working the mic. I like this one because it shows the stage and the banners.
Upload

The Monday night huckfest sounds like a great plan Dave. Sadly, I'll never be in attendance.

There's a new guy writing nonsequiturs and other nonsense on www.sidewayz.com His pen name is Captain Greenhead.
He's new and he hasn't written much yet, but he's already given the June 3rd Wakefest a plug.
I suggest you keep and eye on www.sidewayz.com and Captain Greenhead's ramblings.

This weekend is supposed to be the nicest weekend of the year, and of course, I have to work until
4:00pm on Saturday. I know Sunday is Father's Day, but Doreen and I are looking for a third. We'll be pushing
off from 60 Sylvia around 1:00pm if anyone's interested.

Similar to what JB wrote in regards to the wakefest, it's taken several days to recover and get back
to my old self. But just about all of the wakefest's loose ends are finally getting buttoned-up now,
and my world is slowly getting back to normal. (well, as "normal" as my world can get anyway! )
Old    whitenight            06-15-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Hay Dave me and Jeff L where at the wakefest on gavin's boat. Were you there with your boat. Also Mr. barton is there anymore pictures going up anywhere from the winners of the raffles or anything else from the event you snapped.
Old     (matrix732)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I just signed up for the June 30th am clinic. It sounds like a great way to start the fouth of July weekend. Alex...Are you going out on the boat this Saturday? I have a wedding to attend in the afternoon...but would like to hit it up in the morning some time. Let me know if you are interested....
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-15-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Oh yes...I am TOTALLY interested in a Saturday morning early sesh! Unfortunately, I'll be at work until
4:00pm this Saturday.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Alex, great pic of you and "the boys".

I'd join you sunday, but we'll be camping/boating in Mays Landing this weekend (and almost every weekend this summer). Going to try out the Great Egg Harbor river. We still need to get "our group" together on the delaware river soon. Pick-out a saturday morning.

Jim, let's pick a friday in july and hit Blue Marsh lake. Russ, George, Eustace, Alex, Justin, Michele, Doreen, Woody, Kevin, JB, open invites to all you guys. I'll volunteer the Maristar to take you guys out.

Ok, no computer for me this weekend, so I'll see some of you at Bordentown monday between 4-8pm.
You should all have my cell # by now.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
I called the San Bar Marina in Lake Hopatcong to inquire about the Gerry Nunn wakeboard clinic and I was told
that all four sessions are fully booked. Then, since I had the owner of the marina on the line I shmoozed a bit.
We had a good conversation covering many differnt aspects of wakeboarding, one of whic was putting on an event.
This will be his third year doing the Gerry Nunn wakeboard clinic, he's a Malibu dealer so it's all arranged
through Malibu, he says he's lost money on it every year but he keep donig it anyway. I told him about
our June 3rd event and seemed genuinely impressed. He then went-on to express an interest in putting-on
an INT style amateur event, but he'd help. He says he has three marinas right on the water, he has plenty
of parking space and room to set-up tents. As a man of vision with one wakebarding event now under my belt,
this was all sounding quite compelling. I plan to make a trip out to San Bar Marina sometime in the near future
to press the flesh, shmooze in person and to check everything out. Pretty cool, huh?

Doreen and I have secured a third (and a fourth!) for this Sunday and we're looking forward to a good day
out in Turtle Cove.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
*correction* The one sentence in my previous post should have read "He then went on to express an interest in
putting-on an INT style amateur event, but he'd NEED help."

Most typos I let slide, but this one I had to repair.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-18-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Yo all hows things. So I haven't written since the event but I second and third and fourth everything written so far and say I had a great time regardless of the weather, nice work Alex.

Dave-I don't think that I got a chance to meet you at the event, but I am always looking for a pull. So if I'm welcome I'll bring gas $, beers, whatever's necessary for a good day on the water.

Also to whoever it was that I rode home with on the train from the event into the city. We got split up at one point and I never got a name and contact info. So if you see this man, send me a post or give me a call. 541 619 4946

Peace to all, and may many glassy days come your way.
Cole
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Monday night pulls......I'm still going out tonight. Who's going?
Justin, Michele?

I know Eustace and JB are busy.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Dave we'll be there! After a full 3 days of painting the new place, we def. need a break and do some boarding!. I'll call you in the afternoon. I get off at 5, I can be at the ramp around 5:20. Michele will be there earlier, she has an orientation meeting at Rutgers for her new job, half day sort of.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-19-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
If anyone has anymore of the Wake Fest stickers I would like to get a few more. Please let me know who to contact to get them. Thanks guys!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Gavin, I'll get some stickers from Eustace for you next week. How many?

This past weekend was Kyle's first ride! He got up on the first try, more than I can say for my first time!

Cole, I don't think we met on June 3rd. Still alot of time to come down and ride, so stay tuned right here.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Hey Dave maybe one of these Mondays I will try to get out with you. We went out a little saturday but not much since the wakefest.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Justin / Michele....hows the new place coming along? Kevin, Karen, Alex and I were thinking about you guys this weekend. Let us know if you need any help! And we need the new address for the Christmas card list...hehehe, send us an email.

Hi to everyone!!! Let's try for a weekend in July to get the crew together. Boats and all!
Dave & Kyle, Brian, Annette & Anthony, Justin & Michele, Jeff B, Russ, JimB, Kevin & Karen, Alex, Connor, & Doreen and who ever else I missed. It was an excellant event but didn't quite make our goal yet of getting everyone on the water for a day of fun wakeboarding.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-19-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Anyone up for “The Turtleshoe Two-County Challenge”???
Alex and I devised this beauty up yesterday after our session in Turtle cove...the tides align perfect and the day is correct, would go something like this...
This Sat, early/mid morning session at Alex's in TurtleCove, then cleanup/packup and hit the road to Avalon for an afternoon/evening session in the horseshoe. Finish at my place in Avalon with pizza and beer!
This is a loose Itinerary...
7:30am - Alex's
8 -12:30pm Turtle Cove
12:30 -1:30pm Cleanup
1:30 - 2:30pm Travel to Avalon
3:30 - 8pm Horseshoe
8 - 9pm cleanup
8:30 - ? Pizza beer chat cigars...

I already heard from Doug...
so the attendees so far are Alex, Doreen, Kevin, Karen, Doug...anyone else up for a solid day of wakeboarding?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-19-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
I will keep my eyes peeled for a date to pop up for a Turtle cove get-down in a few weeks. that sounds like a darn good schedule, a two-fer!

I wanted to thank Woody for the Father's Day pull he hooked me up with! The wake was perfect and the weather was beautiful. It was a great way to start a great day! Thanks again and I look forward to riding with you more.

So who's ready to start planning our second wakefest of the season? Besides me?
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Well I will always throw my name into the hat KG. I am totally down. Being trapped in this city has got me going stir crazy, I haven't ridden at all yet this year. So if you've got room, let me know
Peace
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-20-2006, 2:44 AM Reply   
Your more than welcome Jeff, give me a call when your back in town and we will do it again.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
KG, you know Michele and I are down! That's a really good plan being that we have limited ride time at the cove due to the tide. Head on down to Avalon right after, Suh-weet!

We rode yesterday with Dave (again thanks for the pull, and for letting me drive to give you a pull!!) It was a nice night, right after work, no one on the water.

Doreen, the condo is coming along nicely. Michele and I painted for 3 days straight. Almost done, possible another 2 days left. We're getting new carpeting tomorrow.