Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    stingrod            06-07-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
does anyone run a stingray190/4.3merc and if so what kind of setup do you use,ballist,tower,hydrofoil,trimtabs,prop size,etc..?
Old    swobee            06-07-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
I have a Four Winns 180 Horizon with the 4.3L OMC and cobra stern drive which I think would be comparable to your stingray. I've played around with weighting it and found I get the best wake with a 600lbs. sack in the ski locker, 150-200lbs lead in the bow and 200-250lbs lead in the rear to move around and even out the wake. I'll throw 50 around b/ front and back, that's where the variance comes from. I've had fat buddies in the rear on each side of the engine but it's too much of a load and the wake isn't really any better. My regular crew is 3 so there are two in the boat while one is riding. My prop is 14.5x19 which works fine. The hole shots are no prob at the weight I use but I have not experimented so a different pitch could work a little better. I use a 'BigAir' 7' stand alone pylon, whale tail on the stern drive and bolt on trim tabs. 21-23mph and 1/4-3/8 up on the trim seems to be the magic combination for a hard, clean, rampy wake. It's no pro setup but it gets me on the water and into the air.