Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-26-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
So I've seen the work some of the shops up north can do, do we have any good audio shops you guys trust with your boats here in so cal? Somewhat near Orange County? I usually do a lot myself, but there are a couple custom items I would like to leave to the pros. Any reccomondations would be appreciated
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-26-2013, 11:26 AM Reply   
There really isn't any marine audio shops around hear mainly because everyone stores their boats in Havasu or the river. The few shops around hear like Beach Auto Sound on beach blvd in HB specialize in car audio. My uncle actually had his boat stereo done there and they did a less then except able job in my opinion. If its a fiberglass box that you want made or something, I would have a shop build you one but do all the wiring and speaker installs yourself.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-26-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
I can wire it and install, but I ordered without a stereo, will be running all exile equipment, using a ZLD as a head unit. I will need a box built, but the one job I'm debating is if I want to install an iPad mini with the stereo would have gone on the dash. As of right now, I'm planning on running an iPod touch in the blank bezel, as it will fit perfectly there, but to cut and mold something being enough for an iPad mini is not something I'm feel like trying on my new boat. I'm sure the shops up north could pull it off.

I have a place in Parker, but keep my boat with me here. Maybe I should expand my search out to havasu.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
Al & Ed's Ontario store or Wired for Sound in Murrieta. Both shops do excellent work. Adam from Wired for Sound runs a yellow and green Eliminator Daytona with a blower motor in Parker. I'm sure you've seen him out there.

Your river neighbor Paul with the Schiada should be able to vouch for the quality of work from both shops.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-26-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
I've seen the wired for sound boat out there for years. Do we know each other? As you know Paul is our neighbor. I'll ask Paul about them. You've used them in the past?

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 12-26-2013 at 2:02 PM.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
I've seen the wired for sound boat out there for years. Do we know each other? As you know Paul is our neighbor. I'll ask Paul about them. You've used them in the past?
Don't believe we've ever crossed paths personally but I used to spend a lot of time in Parker and know Paul. I'm one of the Boat Bling guys FYI.

I haven't personally had anything done by Wired for Sound but have been in several boats and trucks with their installs and all have been outstanding. I believe Adam has a place in Echo.

As for Al & Ed's, they did the '06ish silver 24 Supra that's probably woken you up in the keys at 3AM a few times lol
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-26-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
Ha, well when you the 2014 black and white VLX next to Paul's, stop by and deliver a beer at 3am
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
Ha, well when you the 2014 black and white VLX next to Paul's, stop by and deliver a beer at 3am
After hours beer and Hot Sauce delivery...check Congrats on the new VLX!