Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Hey Everybody,

I just moved back to Des Moines, IA and am in need of some riding buddies. I don't know how the scene is here but would love to get involved and help it grow. Hit me up if you need a third or or looking to grow your crew. Thanks a lot!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
We ride Saylorville pretty regularly and always looking for riders and drivers. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. Welcome back to DM!
Old     (Mertens)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-02-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
I live in Des Moines, have a boat, always looking for riders...let me know
Old     (baneyct)      Join Date: May 2012       06-03-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone. I’m happy I stumbled on this great thread. I sold my boat about a year ago and am regretting the decision. Anyway, hoping to find someone with a boat in the Des Moines area that is willing to help me get my fix. I consider myself to have great boaters etiquette, will chip in for gas, drive, clean up, etc. I’m not a great boarder just love the sport.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
I just moved FROM DM and still hate abandoning my crew there. Hit up Mark above, he is an awesome guy who's wake is always good.
Old     (Mertens)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-04-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
D C.....What's going on! We got out a ton last year, had a lot of fun didn't we. I hope you heal up soon so that you can get back on the water. It's only a couple of hours back to Des Moines, let me know if you are making the trip sometime...
Old     (NGilly)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-05-2012, 12:44 AM Reply   
My name is nathan Gililland I just move to Iowa I live in Maquoketa IA. I am from lake of the ozark's MO, and even know im not that good of a rider because i started when i was 18 i always got out on the boat trying something new or work on stuff to make my self better but for the hole reason I am on here talking to you guys is I am wanting to open a wakeboarding shop in the mall to see how big the wakeboarding and skiing community is around here and if I have enough business i will be moving to a building near there water and have a hang out shop and a pro shop but if you could please tell any one that you know that wakeboard's or ski's and your self please email me or send me a text so i can get ahold of you and add you to my sheet to find how big the community is around here.

N.A.Gililland92@gmail.com
573-855-5813
Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-08-2012, 12:37 AM Reply   
You might want to hook up with these guys http://www.facebook.com/#!/UIANG

I met Kathy and Steve down at the wakeboard camp last year. Great guys and I'm sure they wouldn't mind riding with you.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Mark, oh yeah, had a really good time last year. I'm sure I'll be able to talk rich into taking a road trip to DM somtime for a set or two. I'll be in touch to figure out the date!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-09-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
DC, what did you do to get yourself injured? Are you going to be riding much this summer? If you are still around the Lincoln area we need to get some riding in! To this point, I have only been out a couple times because of a fundraiser I am helping with but I plan on hitting it hard after it is done. I think I still have you cell number. I will give you a call and see if we can get a couple sets in sometime soon...
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-11-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
Are any of you guys going to Twin Lakes to compete Wakefest on July 28th?
I think there are 4-5 divisions to compete in and i've heard there is going to be some sort of rail jam or something this year.
It sounds like Slingshot will be there to let people demo their boards.