Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-04-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I need some help, my dad is really into wakesurfing and i am looking into getting him a board for father's day. The problem is, I am more into wake boarding and don't know anything about the technology out there in the new (er) surfs. We have a CWB tsunami, it is about 5-7 years old i think. It is about 3 1/2 feet long and has sharper edges (don't know if that is important). Looking for something in the 250-300 price range. Any help/advice you could throw my way would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bryce
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
I know that their cheapest boards are just a bit out of your price range, but I would look at Triple X boards. They're about the cheapest ones you're gonna find for a new board. You might be able to find another brand cheaper used (maybe), but it will not be as good as a Triple X in my opinion because it will probably be a wakeboarding brand board or really beat up.

www.triplexsurfandskim.com

Last edited by drnate; 06-05-2012 at 8:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
You're quite welcome. I have two Triple X boards and am very happy with them. I was also going to suggest perhaps and Inland Surfer Squirt, but those are $500 new! That is the cheapest board that inland surfer has, too
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
glad to hear you like them, i think i am going to drop a few more bucks and grab him a nitro pro "the krylon". it looks pretty filthy, and from what it says it should be perfect for his riding style.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
that's a good choice. I would love to know how he likes it once he has a chance to ride it, etc.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-06-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
Will do sir. I'm thinking we will get out on father's day so I'll shoot you a message after!