Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-07-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Well the ice and snow let up enough for us to get out and go the show, I have been waiting all winter for this. Heres the verdict:

Malibu-lots of boats, pro shop, 22'-Axis, WOW! 15 models to look at, big display, very cool and usable boat features, well designed and built boats but not over the top, just nice and usable..very impressed

Mastercraft-lots of boats, big displays, a lot of new innovation, NICE interiors, over the top boats, pro shop, the power tower with push button..very beefy and very cool. I think I herd the guy say the price for that tower was $2800?? thats a nice price, unless he said $3800?? 20 models to look at, impressive.

Powered tow rope company?? Its remote controlled, I dont remember the name, I dont remember all of the features, but I do remember the Russian girl in the tight dress..HOLY SH*T!!

Epic-Im impressed!! 3800 lbs of ballast, fill and drain time was like 1-2 mins!! neoprene interior-very cool, LOTS of storage, hinges on the sundeck..IMPRESSIVE!! GREAT surfing boat, This is a well engineered boat and designed not to break or come back for warranty crap. $48,000-21' and $52,000 for the 24' WOW!! Why isnt everyone going after these boats?? Talked with the builder and owner of Epic lives in TX now, SUPER nice guy..LOTS of boat knowledge. TOP NOTCH engineering.

Supra-6 boats, a few moomba's, no pro shop, sleeping salesman, local pro riders talking to them self's, no traffic, yawn..yawn..yawn. I was embarrassed. NOTHING exciting. A stripped down 242. LIME GREEN-24' what ever it was?? yawn..yawn..yawn. WTF?? And this was the 1st saturday of the 2-week show.

Boston Whaler- HOLY SH*T..that 13' footer has a tower on it and a HUGE motor!! WOW!

Nauty-lots of boats, big display, lots of BRIGHTLY colored boats with HUGE eagles on them..what are they thinking?? weird designed boats, weird interiors and weird towers, nicely built boats, but to far left field thinking for me. BUT! they did have a very cool retro direct drive boat..super cool!!

Overall..It was a great show with lots to see and always nice to see shiny new boats. I love going to the boat show.

RIP..danny daniels..missed you at the boat show this year.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
any news/updates on cables in the area at the show?
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-07-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Didn't see anything? but I do have TSR invite on my facebook. Here you go. Jet

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...74451685926581
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
A-Dub - I know Cowtown Wake Park has a booth there to talk about the one they have opening in Ft. Worth this year. TSR and WSR have their own websites and are obviously both up and running strong. I don't know if the one coming to Allen has a booth at the show or where they are with that project. I think it was the DWC guys that are transitioning their focus from downtown Dallas to Allen since they weren't able to get the appropriate permits in Dallas.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Sweet, thanks! Interested as I will be re-locating to the Plano area come this Summer. Allen should be closer.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Nice! Where in Plano? I grew up and went to high school there. I've made a long move away from the area...to Richardson. :-) If you know the area, they are neighboring cities.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
actually just looking in the area. Fiance will be working in Plano near Legacy, and we were looking at The Colony to be close to her work and to Lewisville.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-08-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
I will be out at the Epic Both on Sunday.
Would anyone be interested in 2 for 1 Cable passes and $100.00 off season pass coupons for WakeSport Ranch?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
yep, but I won't be in attendance to the show.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-09-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hey innov8 or Jeff (Epic). Thanks for talking with us at the boat show. Nice boat man..nice boat. Jet
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
Jet, I was not at the show last weekend you must have talked with Gary Smith from Epic.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-11-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Jeff - You're only there Sunday? I'll be out on Saturday afternoon.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-11-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
Opps..yes it was gary.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Yes, Eubanks, just Sunday.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Eubanks, change in plans.
Look for Keith Holley tonight or tomorrow at the show, he will have 2 for 1 cable passes for Wsr.
I wont be at the show on Sunday.