Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
I have to send out my Christmas list (I love still being young enough to get cool stuff for Christmas), and I want to ask for a wakeskate. I'm not positive that I would get one, but this is the perfect time for me to try and get one. Having looked at all of the 08 and 07 styles that I can find, I like 3. The Liquid Force Impulse, Gator Deuce Pop and Gator Pro Model. I have chosen these boards almost 100% on cosmetics because I don't know anything about the boards, and to be honest I've never even been on a wakeskate.
To see if these boards are the right size, I am 6'1", about 155-160 lbs, and I have a small skateboarding background (so I expect to spend a lot of time playing with flip tricks and less time with wake to wake).
Are these the right kind of boards for me? Any other boards you would recommend? Different size perhaps?
If I don't get a board for Christmas, I'll be picking one up for myself immediately after!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
Bro, trust me, your not going to be toying with flip tricks for a while.

this is a WHOOOOOLE different animal from anything you have ever tried, ive been doing it for almost 3 years and im just now landing bigspins and w2w backside 180s.

Wait for the Ronix Zariel.

ive toyed around with one that my rep had and loved the shape and design. This board is going to be sick
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2007, 11:43 PM Reply   
caleb is right, dont expect to get into flip tricks for a year at least and tahts if you ride everyday. wakeskating is completely different, but so much fun. you will be hooked for sure.

for your size you should look at 41 or 42 inch skates. it is extremely hard to find out what board is right for you over the internet because concave is a hard thing to photograph and almost no one does it. each board has a different top shape and that is what makes a big difference. also make sure the board has tails wide enough for your feet.
some boards are asymmetrical like skateboards. the LF impulse line is like that. some people love it while for some its not there thing.
you have a million choices.
for your first board you cant go wrong with any of the above. just grab a deck and shred. you will love it.
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-23-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'm not expecting to ever be able to do kick flips or anything, I was just saying that I think I will spend more time trying flip tricks and less time trying wake to wake stuff. I love wakeboarding and I think this summer I will be working towards some wake to wake action on that, but I don't expect to want to do the same kind of stuff on the wakeskate. Who knows... I can't wait!