Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-13-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
I am hoping some of you are familier with this drive or stop along the way. In late April my buddy, his fiance, my girlfriend and myself are thinking about heading down to Reno for the weekend. We may take 2 or 3 days before and drive down in a couple days. The original idea might be to leave Seattle around noon on a wednesday and drive to central oregon(Bend or Salem depending on which way to go) and camp or stay in a cheap hotel/cabin. Then drive either to Reno on Thursday or maybe stop somewhere else Thursday night and camp.

Is there anything between Seattle and Reno worth stopping at and seeing?

Which way would you all go out of these options?
-I5 all the way down to Weed/Mt Shasta and cutting over at 89. Will this way go over any passes that may be a problem with snow? I know a couple years ago I was up by MT Lassen in early June and there was still a ton of snow up there.
-I5 to Eugene and cut over to 97 via 58. 58 doesn't look like a very large highway and I have never been on it. This would take us past Klamath falls and I think a pass there. Anythign worth seeing in Klammath falls? After Klamath we would jump on 139 till susanville and then on to Reno.
-Head to Bend then just run down 97 till we meet up with the previous route in southern Oregon.

My main concern is snow in any high passes if there are any and finding something worth seeing on the way and taking up a couple nights. We will be driving back in one day on Sunday so what is just the fastest way? Google maps says through Eugene and Klamath falls is the fastest way.