Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-11-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Anyone ridden this board yet? Thoughts on the speed, what fin setup is best, etc.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
Theres a bunch of guys over at Wakeoutlaws who are goo goo ga ga over this thing. They say its pretty awesome and my guess is that IS hit a home run with this one. They might be able to give you more details.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Rode on this last weekend. Personally, and this is just my opinion, but I didn't really like it. Mind you, I've never really liked the feel from the IS boards I have ridden. They are very different from what I know and am comfortable on. We tried at least 7 or 8 different fin setups. Some required alot more work than others to stay with the wave. My friends seemed to be enjoying them a little more on day two, but I know one of them wasn't totally convinced. I would try and demo one if at all possible and see what you think.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-11-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
I rode on one of the prototypes last fall and was pumped about getting one, and got a chance to ride the real thing last weekend. We really loved it! It's faster than the Loogey, it is more forgiving (you can get very far back in the wave without loosing it), and much more responsive. Don't have any great pics yet...but one of my buddies was getting closer to getting air on this than he's ever gotten on the Loogey.

Upload
Upload
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-11-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hey DonnieB what fin configuration were you using?
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
We had just the large two in the back/outside slots. That’s me in the first pic…
I absolutely love this board! It is so quick and so responsive. I’m 225 and had no problems with weight at all, and it has tons of drive to get tons of speed. Several times I had to hit the brakes big time or I think I would have hit the boat.
I look forward to trying to smaller fins, as I think I would like to break it loose a little bit more. We are going out again in the morning so we will get some better pics and post a proper review then as well.
Old                06-11-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Hey Bill, LOOKING GOOD! Don, the wake is looking dialed! Unsolicited advice: If you want to push those airs up, go with bigger, not smaller fins. I run the XLs on the outside and Tex on the inside. It takes a few runs to get use to them. I can still hit 3s and slides no problem and noticed I was getting bigger air when I moved up to the largest fin. They really hook up and hold your speed as you turn up the wake for your air. Just my .02 cents.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics Donnie, that will definitely be some stoke for one of my friends. He was sticking 3's no problem, but was having problems getting air and was doubting himself. He caught it a few times, but not like he normally does.

Bill, it is definitely fast, my buddies girlfriend hit the swim deck on one run.

Mark, thanks for the tips! I will be passing along the fin setup info. We didn't have any XL's with us.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Mark....let me know when you want to give another lesson on your boat!
Old     (allieg)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-11-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
Looking awesome DonnieB. You need to sign up for our Northwest Wakesurfing Competition in August. http://www.nwwsa.org/
Old                06-12-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Hey Bill, I'm down for a surf Sat morn (not the type of morning you guys normally ride, something more reasonable like 9). Gimme a call.
Old                06-12-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Here's a quick vid of some riding last week on the SS. (Disclaimer, I work with Inland Surfer)
http://www.grindtv.com/video/wake/wakesurfing_4/?hs444=pv_embed_37725#37725
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-13-2009, 12:01 AM Reply   
Packrat - we used the stock fins, though from Mark's post it looks like we'd have more luck with different fins. Allison - thanks for the reminder about the competition. I think Bill should enter -- I'm just a hacker (unless there's a senior citizen level).

As promised, we had a chance to get out very early this AM before work. We also tried out the Swallow -- what fun! But here are a few more pics of Bill, Troy and me on the Sweet Spot.

Upload
Upload
Upload