Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
hey guys can someone please tell me why my watsons won't fit on my roam?? is there smaller hole patterns that i could use to fit my board? So do they sell a different baseplate i could put on? the roam is an 08
Old     (metova)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2009, 5:27 AM Reply   
They are 6 inch bindings and all hyperlite stuff is 8 inch. Though the bindings should fit on there I'm guessing the issue is you can't get em how you like em? You can get a liquid force extender(aka Retrofit Lock Kit) and you'll be able to put it exactly how you want it.

(Message edited by metova on June 20, 2009)
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Yeah the bindings don't fit on the board at all. Its weird because my frined has the 08 Limited shanes and they fit on his era... This locker kit looks like it is only for 09 LF bindings. My bindings are the 08 watsons that have a different baseplate. So i'm still stuck. I don't know what i can do. I don't want to have to buy new bindings
Old     (metova)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Oh 08 watsons? The thread title says 09. Heck I dunno what to tell you then man. According to all I've read those bindings should easily fit on there in all but the widest stance. What exactly is the problem you are facing? Cause it makes no sense to me at all...even a 6inch binding should fit on the board.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
Grant, I have 3 pairs of Hyperlite bindings that I am trying to get rid of. Willing to let them go cheap, feel free to shoot me a PM if you are interested.

In any case, I hope you are able to figure it out, riding that Roam is a lot of fun.

(Message edited by nwa on June 20, 2009)
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Yeah sorry it was late at night when i made the thread and thus is why its titled wrong. The problem i'm having is when i go to mount the bindings to the board the first screw fits. Then the second screw is about about 3/4 of an inch from the hole. So i don't know whats going on but they won't mount up. I need smaller base plates or something like that.
Old     (metova)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Grant are you trying to put the first screw on the outter most hole first(on either side)? If so that is exactly what would happen. You'd be short about an inch because the bindings are 7 inch and the gap on the board is 8 inch. So you don't have access to the widest or narrowest stance. Just move it in a hole and you should be set.

(Message edited by metova on June 20, 2009)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
or hit up your local shop for a retro kit so that your bindings go all the way out.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
one in with the 7in plate is the should be about the same as all the way out on an 8in plate.
Old     (lfrider91)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-20-2009, 10:21 PM Reply   
Is your plate on your boot set up to be 0.5" wider of a stance??
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2009, 11:29 PM Reply   
I've tried every hole combination somenewperson.. There are three hole combinations on the Roam... I started with the further hole and worked my way in.

Joe... I put the wrong thread title. I have 08 watsons not 09 so there isn't an extension.

Jared i have the boots set up to be the 0.5 wider of a stance. I ride regualar. So after you asked me this i turned my bindings to goffy stance to make the base plates normal. The bindings still did not fit on any of the holes.

I'm thinking that 08 bindings don't fit on the 08 Roam. Could i buy 09 bindings baseplates with the retro locker kit or would it be about the same price to just buy a pair of newer hyperlite bindings? What do you think. I just want to use my new board on the CABLE up here in Cincinnati.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-21-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
unfortunately roams don't have the convenient 1" spacing between inserts. the only way I could think to make that setup work is to try and track down 09 plates and the retrofit lock kit....
Old     (lfrider91)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-21-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
If you just change from regular to goofy it will still be the same because the 0.5" wider side will still be in the same position. You would actually have to change the plates.
Old     (lfrider91)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-21-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
So i just actually looked at it and your right the plates won't fit any roam. The 07 plates would.
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
CRACKERS... looks like i have to go to the board to look for some binders then. Unless someone has 09 baseplates they are looking to get rid of.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-23-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
why not order the retrofit kit and the 09 base plates, might be a little cheaper
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-23-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
grant...I have a set of the plates. PM me your phone #, I'll call you from work tomorrow. Ill give them to you, just cover shipping.
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-01-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
I finally got to ride my Roam because Luke really helped me out and hooked me up. Great guy class act.

I love the roam such a fun board on sliders but learning to load the line for the first time on it is a different story.