Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-21-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
YEah..season starts next week we are heading to Shasta for a Houseboat trip...never been there..any shallow areas rocks to look out for? any MUST SEE or MUST DO things..local pubs??...glassy inlets??.of course necesarily in that order!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
Yea, what he said!!

I am going on my first houseboat, and first Shasta trip in June. Any info would be great!
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
Guys if you were going at the end of Aug or in September then I would say that there are low spots but the lake is completely full which means only a few feet from shore. The Mcloud Arm has some glass in the late afternoon, and most of the LAke is glass in the morning. As far as Bars go all the marinas have them but I could not tell you the best one to go to. We always party on the Houseboat. Have fun Shasa is Awesome.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
I like the Sacramento arm the best. There is butter all over the place. Thats what Shasta is known for. Hey buzz when in june are you going? I will be up there also. I remember you from MBO.

(Message edited by mibu on April 21, 2005)
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
shasta lake is currently @ 14 feet from the top. i don't think it will fill completely this year but it will be so close that the fun in the sun will last all summer. watch out for the squaw creek arm of shasta. it has probably ate more props than any of the other arms of the lake. however it is one of my favorite arms to play. stay in the main body of what ever arm of the lake you are in that is where it is the deepest. when you head for shore that is where you be on the look out. most shallow areas are marked with a single white plastic peice of pipe standing straight up. good luck. have fun. my vlx is on order and will get to see good times on shasta.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
Shasta is absolutely great. We stayed in the SW corner of the lake in a nice little 1/2 mile long cove that had butter all day long. I love how the water temp is in the mid 80s so that early morning sessions (5am.) are still really nice.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-22-2005, 10:31 PM Reply   
Will be at Shasta June 13th -17th on 16 sleeper Mirage from Antlers, Buzz will be there with his VLX!!! Can't wait.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-23-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
Yea baby!! I am already there in my mind!

Mibu,

Like Dan said, June 13-17. How about you? I remember seeing several others that sounded like they were going around the same time. It would be cool to get together.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-26-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I will be there at the same time as you guys. Maybe we could all get together.

(Message edited by mibu on April 26, 2005)
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-27-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
What are the best places to stay/camp. this year traveling w/kids,dog.Any help and phone no.s would be great.So is it going to be 2nd week in june???
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-27-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Mibu,

That would be great. Where are you launching from, tying up, etc? I know we are launching at Antlers, and Dan has been there before and knows where we are going, but I am a newbie. I'll just hang on for the ride!

PM me and we will try and work something out. That would be fun!

See ya.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-27-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
I will be there on a houseboat June 10-13 with my new SV211 and my buddy with his new Malibu. We have room for more riders, I suspect other than he and I the rest of our crew will be more interested in sunbathing then boarding.

mikeskiw@gmail.com
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
I will be launching at the public one at antlers USFS campground.This is close to where you guys are launching from.I will be staying at my other place which is up the road from there.(about 2 miles)