Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-28-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
I've tried all of the Hyperlite boards, but they don't seem to flow as well as the old surfboard we used in the past. Just wondering what non-Hyperlite board is the best and why? Any opinions would be great. Thanks
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-28-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
I personally prefer the Shred Stixx. I find them easier to ride than the other boards (I've tried many). Most of my friends share the same opinion. However, I am a larger rider and had the Shred Stixx (Blow Fish) built to my size.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-29-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
i feel that the liquid force slimskate 50 is pretty nice board, and cheap too, it rides pretty well, but im only a beginner.
Old    awiggy33            10-08-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
phase 5 icon
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-09-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
I prefer the Shred Stixx. I have tried a few and this one (Blow Fish) works really well. I am 190# and just couldn't keep up with the wake on the other ones. It is similiar to my surfboard but the Shred Stixx are designed a little different for the wake and you can tell.
Board More, Work Less
John
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-10-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
The LF Skim Skate is an underrated board. I have the 54 inch. It kills it and heres why:

It is very easy to spin and break loose. No huge fins and its bi-directional. 360s and 180s are easy.
It reacts very well to speeding up(leaning forward) and slowing down (leaning back).
I have never taken a nose dive. I find the Land Lock does this alot.
Very cheap price compared to other surfers.

Disadvantages:
Dosent fit in traditional style board racks.
Takes a big wave to stay in the sweet spot, buts not a big issue in my boat since we have plenty of ballast and people.

Its more of a trick, skim style board than a bigger crusier like a land lock or traditional surf board shape.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
i wud say phase five prop forsure
Old    natedawg            06-22-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Phase 5 is awesome
Old    xwind            06-22-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Phase 5 Icon....at 160lbs and some practice it's super !