Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (maltar)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-27-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 bayliner Capri and I get pretty good height when I'm jumping but now I want a tower and I'm not sure if the boat can handle a tower or where to start looking for one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Paul
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
Paul,
Try these sites:

www.monstertower.com
www.bartswatersports.com
www.wakeside.com
www.barewest.com
www.samsonsports.com
www.wakeair.com
www.monstertower.com

You will probably hear a lot of feedback from this board on which tower to choose. These sites sell and deliver most of the towers available today.....

Also, Bill from monster tower is a regular poster on this site and is always very helpful when looking to find the right tower for your application....And there is plenty of good feedback on his product.....

Good luck mate!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-27-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
http://skyjac.com/Boat_Tower_2001.jpg
email me offline for excellent pricing on Skyjac wares.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-27-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
Are you the guy that had the Skyjac Universal Tower on FlipSell from Georgetown. If so, that was a pretty good price.
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
http://wakeboard.startkabel.nl/k/wakeboard/index.php?nr=1
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
The best deal is to make one yourself, which is where we started. Check out www.diyTower.com for some of the components you will need. Also, www.GatorTuff.com has knocked off the Barewest tower and may do a better deal if you like the Mini-Tower.

Bill
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
seen some super ghetto cheap towers around here, one on a abeat up baja islander and one on a fishing boat. looks like scrap pipe welded together. all rusty and what not. that is the cheap way to go for sure.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
Check out the new Boss Adjustable Tower for $695. This is a great value.

Here is a link:
http://www.wakeside.com/miva/merchant.mv?page=W/PROD//boss_adjustable_tower

Mike Hellweg
http://www.wakeside.com

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
On a 2000 Bayliner I'd recommend either a universal tower or work with a local fabricator to build one. "Ghetto" works awesome on really old boats, especially if they throw a good wake, but for new boats it is worth a little more investments.

Also, Bayliners have just a few layers of hand laid glass and they blow in chopped glass for the rest so you will need to build up the locations you mount to so they are at least 3/8" thick. No dis on the brand, they are incredible values and a great way to get on the water without paying bunch of coin for a logo.

Bill

Bill
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Paul,

The new Boss Adjustable Tower is a universal tower that will fit almost any boat and includes the great quality Boss mounts. Hopefully this week we will add new images with the tower mounted on a boat in the water so you can get a feel what it looks like. If you have seen the Barewest Mini Tower or the Joystick Roll Cage. Both of these cost more than the Boss Adjustable Tower.

I wouldn't recommend a local fabricator if you can get the Boss Adjustable Tower for such a great deal. Boss makes great towers.

On an older boat I would recommend to build up the area where the mounts go. Some people epoxy a 1/4 inch thick piece of marine grade plywood to the underside where the mount backing plate goes. However, on most boats newer than 1990, there is sufficient fiberglass to mount the tower without modification.

The Boss Adjustable tower can be mounted to the deck or on the side of the boat. I would pick where the fiberglass is strongest and where you can find a flat surface for the mounts.

Give us a call tomorrow and we can go over some of the other considerations.

At $695 with free shipping and no sales tax this is a bargain. If you consider the Wakeside Award Points, then that drops off another $70 and takes you down to effectively $625 to your door for this tower!

Mike Hellweg
http://www.wakeside.com
Old    davec            04-28-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
Monstertower past this test for me this weekend @WSSR.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-28-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Salmon - yes. where'd you buy yours?
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-28-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
If I had a runabout, the Boss tower through Wakeside is what I'd get, no question...
Old     (wakeair1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Paul, Wake Air can manufacture a custom made tower specifically made for your boat. The mounts will be made for the correct angle and curvature your boat has which will reduce any chance of damaging your gel coat. There are no joints or seams in the top section of the tower= stronger quieter tower. Let me know how I can help with your tower choice.
Brian
www.wakeair.com
1 877 Wake Air

2000 Bayliner White Sport Tower
Old    matt5046            04-28-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
Go with the Monster! $895 and will be the best money you have ever spent.

Matt
Old    riverfreak            04-28-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
the wakeair looks great, I got this one from jgstools.com, love it, no rattles, installs in an hour and breaks down easy, and no I'm not getting any kickbacks from them, its just a really solid tower
Old    doubleup1080            04-28-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
All the towers mentioned are nice choices. I personally favor the wakeair tower since they build a solid tower that looks clean and doesn't break the bank. The customer service is also great as well (that's what sold me on my tower).
Old    flipout            04-28-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
Don't let Bill fool you. He is helping you by giving you advise on how to build one, but his company is the best for the buck. call monster tower and order one today. You wont be sorry.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-28-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
Trace,

I actually got mine on Ebay. It came from Florida somewhere. I don't remember where, exactly. It was around $700 a year ago and the guy actually seemed a little pissed that it didn't go for more in the auction.
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2003, 4:18 AM Reply   
We just installed the Monster Tower on my Mastercraft yesterday, and I think it looks great. The install was easy and fit like a glove. I haven't had the chance to ride the Monster behind my boat, but I have ridden behind the Monster and I thought it was great. Considering what you get for the money, there's not anything else out there that I liked nearly as much. Good luck with the search. Pics to come.