Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (sneves)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
I want to buy a wakeboard boat and this one is in my price range 26,500 . Its a 2006 moomba mobius lsv with 45 hours on it and very clean. Has pretty much every option on it , some of the options included are perfect pass , 3 bag ballast system , 4 tower speakers , 4 cabin speakers , sub , dept finder , heater , wake plate , docking lights, pop up cleats , dual batteries with switch , assault 325 engine and so on Please let me know your thoughts on this model of boat.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
A dealer in Houston TX just sold an 07 for 32k with 80hrs same options except no tower speakers.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
Good lookin boat for that price.

Only concerns to pop out at me are the snap on cover & the single axle trailer. I'm not a fan of snaps in the fiberglass because they tend to crack & get caught on things. And IMO single axle trailers are good for shorter trips & guys that have larger trucks. If neither of those bother you, then book it out & take it for a test drive.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-03-2009, 5:18 AM Reply   
I think it sounds like a good deal. Moomba stepped up their quality in 2005 so thas a bonus.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
Moomba is a good boat but it is a price point boat, meaning that it is a step under some of the better boats. A friend bought the same boat and he's not real happy with it but it does the job. It's not the best in choppy water. Don't know for sure what year they changed to fuel injection, but if it's not, don't get it! Best of luck in your pursuit of a boat.

BTW - Couldn't agree more with the previous comments on the single axle trailer and snap on cover, both are a PITA!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-03-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
Fantastic boat, you wont be disappointed!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-03-2009, 6:19 AM Reply   
Yes thats a good deal.
Ditto on the trailer, but I love my snap covers.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-03-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
It's a real good boat and i'll bet you won't be disappointed. No it's the best in real choppy water, but then neither are a lot of other boats. Yes it's a price point boat but it's not a "cheap" boat. And yes it's a step under more expensive but not necessarily better boats. I have no regrets buying my '07 LSV at all.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-03-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
That sounds like a steal.
I also actually like the snap covers more than the towing covers. More expensive option too.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-03-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
I actually prefer my snap cover to my Rankin.

I also have a single axle trailer, but I only store my boat on it in the winter, but YMMV.
Old     (sneves)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-03-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
thanks for all the great opinions. I think it would be a great first wakeboard boat for me . i dont want to go off the deep end and spend more then i need to ,to get the job done. I am not really looking for show .It also comes with a second cover that covers the whole boat , so I wouldnt have to use the snap cover . As for the trailer , I dont mind a single axle , I dont have to drive far , i have 5 or 6 lakes within an hour or less and my home lake is 5 minutes away. Thanks again for the input.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-03-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
Great wakeboat for the price. I would have guessed that boat should be closer to 30k. It has everything I would want on a wakeboat other than the single axle trailer and you just said that isn't a big deal. It is good colors and has low hours so I bet you could use it for a year or 2 and sell for pretty close to what you pay for it.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-03-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
good price, don't worry about single axle trailer just watch the tires
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
It's a great deal, jump on it.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
SMoking deal. Winter deals are coming out i see. I also love the snap on covers.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
Great buy, and if that is his/hers asking price you might even get it for less! Jump on it!