Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-04-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
totally landed it on my 3rd try.
Not a big accomplishment.... but it is to me.
I always worried about not getting enough air and getting slammed face first into the water... seeing how easy it was... makes me a lot more confident in trying other things.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-04-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
I tried this for the first time on Monday myself. Nailed it first time. I understand what you are saying, it's not a big trick, but just the joy of learning something new is great isn't it.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-04-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
exactly.... it's great learning something new.

the 1st 2 times I didn't edge out... and ended up sliding out. I knew what I was doing wrong. Just took a few tries to get it.
Old     (bzager)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-04-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
now learn em switch and the feeling is doubled! good work!
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-04-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
I hear yah!! That's my most stylish trick out in the flats...lol..Now try them from inside the wake out, just as the boat is getting on plane.

Tony
Old    murrayair            08-04-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
Good job! Now try doing backside ollie 180's. Even more fun!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2009, 5:08 AM Reply   
Yeah.. never been that "great" at riding switch... not even on a snowboard. I need to just get out there for a solid month and ride switch.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Switch is tough, I share your lack of skill with it on both the water and snow.

I work on it by doing one set of just switch everytime I'm out. The water is much more forgiving than the snow.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I second the ollie to BS 180. I think they are fun and most of my friends never try them. Not only will it be a new trick, it will also help you learn the motion for a wake to wake BS 180.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
I just did these for the first time a few weeks ago. Pretty easy actually, but I did accomplish the Olie 90 to faceplant once too. Boy is that a wake up call! Saw it comin'....
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
lol... yeah... that happened last year for me.. that's why i held off a little and practiced getting a higher pop off of my ollie. The ollie 90 to faceplant is a pretty technical move....lol quite the bell ringer.

The BS Ollie 180 will be fun.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-05-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
I need to learn to ollie higher, any tips?
Old     (lukus)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
Just started riding this summer and everything started clicking last weekend. Got consistent pop with jumps last weekend and am now under control going W2W TS & HS, even took HS into the flats a couple of times! Also got the ollie 180! Tried a couple of 1 wake 180's but slid out both times...almost had 'em. Did nothing but the 2 min edging drills from The Book for awhile due to a fractured foot. I can't wait to get back out!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-05-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Yo guys!!! Dont get down on yourselves saying its not a Big Trick! The Ollie 180 is a fundemental part of wakeboarding. Mastering that is key to future success. No matter what your doing if your outside of your comfort zone and trying tricks your progressing, doesnt matter if its an Ollie 180 or a and switch 9, all progression is excite. Big Ups!!! Now learn them switch!!! Remember stay focused on the baisics first and the rest will be way easier!!!

Congrats!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
Edgar,

I would just edge out harder and when there is more speed, it seem like I can Ollie higher. I just slam my back foot down.... and up I go.

Andy gets the motivational speaker of the year award. Thanks for the props man... any suggestions to riding switch? I suck at it. Also.... did Monster Tower hook you up with speakers too? or just the tower?
Old     (killercam)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
Yeah, i started trying inverts before i tried any spins or got practice riding switch. The last two years I've gone back to basics and seen a huge improvement in my overall riding. I looked at riding switch like I was learning to wakeboard all over. Just practiced edging out both ways over the wakes. Worked on switch butter slides, ollies etc. The more you do it the easier and more natural it feels. Keep it up fellas!
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-05-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
On the BS 180, I'm able to land them riding switch, except I'm trying to land wrapped. I'll ride like this for a bit then get pulled over by the boat. Any tips??? Sorry for the HJ>>>

Tony
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
it's cool... we can all learn here
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-05-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
<x2> on the motivational speaker of the year award for Andy..thanks yo!!

Tony
Old     (killercam)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
When you land wrapped look away from the boat that will keep you on your edge.