Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-01-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
any info on these boats?

I was looking at one the other day and it was a '95 and in pretty good condition. Had a fiberglass floor with removable carpet etc. 5.7L Mercruiser Comp.

Any idea if it has wood or fiberglass stirngers? Anyone comment on the wake behind these things? Its not a deep boat, it sits low in the water.

What are some good websites to look up opinions on boats beside this one? To see what others have to say about the quality etc.
Old    nwwakerider            10-01-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
I have a 93 spitfire ski ray. it throws a good wake with about 1300lbs in it. How big is the one your looking at? mine is only 18.5 feet
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2007, 4:28 AM Reply   
Same its an 185 Spitfire.

It looks a little different than the ski rays I have seen on the board here. The back doesn't have the moulded in look that connects the ski platform to the boat.

Heres a pic. Looks more like a mastercraft.

Upload
Old    malibu_nut            10-02-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
i've rode behind one that was weighted really heavy, i think it had like 1800lbs in it. the wake was really good in my opinion.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Anyone know for sure if the stringers in the boat are made from wood or fiberglass? I am under the impression they are fiberglass but not 100% sure.

What kind of prop would you put on the boat when its weighted down?
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-02-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with a Ski Ray. I had mine for 11 years. I bought it new in '93, and put 1350 hours on it.
Upload
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
How is the wake compared to other boats. I heard it loves the be weighted for a steep wake.
Old    nwwakerider            10-02-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
i have the same boat as the pic you posted just in green. Im pretty sure the stringers are fiberglass. I just added a monster tower and have over 1300lbs and it throws a good wake. i definately had to re-prop it, but it was well worth it
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
I emailed sea-ray and surprisingly they got back to me within a day.

They did indeed say the whole construction is fiberglass and no wood was involved which is good news for me.

Going to test drive it tomorro.

Where did you guys buy your props from and what pitch did you go with? Is there a guide to help me choose?
Old    nwwakerider            10-02-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
I got an acme prop. im not exactly sure what pitch it is. i have all the info at home but unfortunately im back at college. talk to the guys at either acme or wakeside and they will know exactly what prop you need.
Upload
Upload
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-02-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
my buddy nick has a 93 ski ray with an outboard ill see if he has any pics.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-02-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Erik the wake looks really nice. How much weight were you running?
Old    nwwakerider            10-02-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
i have 250 upfront, 500+ on each side of the engine, and 200 in the back.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-03-2007, 2:44 AM Reply   
Just an FYI... if looking into Ski Rays (inboards not outboard editions) it may also be looking for a boat called a SKI Max. Made by Maxum, very very similar boat, rare but if you can find one they are great boats and just as worthy as the Ski Ray.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-03-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
I test drove it today, ran great, shifted nice, no flaws that I could find. Put my down payment on it and pick it up in the spring. Now 8 months to go :-(

Took a couple pictures. Ignore the pink

Upload
Upload
Upload