Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-03-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
Tower Biminis is working on an over the top bimini for the Titan III Tower. It looks good. Pictures can be seen here.

http://www.wake-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41

Just wanted to share this with you guys.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-03-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Sorry guys. I didn't realize that non-registered user couldn't view the picture. I just updated the picture so that non registered users can see it. Sorry again.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-03-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
interesting. I like it. TowerBiminis always makes a great product.
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-03-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
What about the rope? Looks like it would rub the crap out of the bimini, if you can even attach one.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-03-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Borrowed them because I wanted to see them myself

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
im not fealin it. put i hope it works for you. can you fold it? have any pics of it folded? do you trailer it like that? how does it hold up a 75mph?
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
I have a towerbimini on my '06 sunsetter XTI, love the bimini. My only concern with the bimini so high on this boat, is that it would do very little sun blocking unless the sun was almost straight overhead?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-03-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
I presonally don't like it either, but I don't think any of the top of the tower mounted biminis look good on any boat.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-03-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
I think it's looks great! The design is awesome. I always a fan of Bimini's you can walk under without ducking.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
My towerbimini for perspective:
Upload
Upload
Upload
JT
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
I also like the look, design and how clean the connection is with the top mounted bimini. I'm just concerned with how effect it will be?
I can see where it would also be nice for walking under and it wouldn't be in the way when trying to use the tower racks.

JT
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-03-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
No one is addressing the fact that you can't wakeboard with it up, without tearing the thing apart with the rope going back and forth on it. Not a good design.

Or, maybe I'm just a dumba$$, and can't see how it works
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-03-2008, 6:03 PM Reply   
^^^^Yes you can. Remember the angle of the boat while pulling. They would not make a bimini top that you couldn't use while towing. Give them a little credit.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-03-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
if your logic were correct mike(beef), you wouldn't be able to wakeboard with an Illusion X bimini top either....
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-04-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments guys. I knew some would like and some wouldn't. Cavlxenvy is correct that due to the angle of the boat, you shouldn't have a problem wakeboarding. I will let you know and post some pictures when I get mine installed. I will also let you know how well it shades you compared to a conventional bimini.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-04-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
I like it. I think most people don't like it because they are not used to OTT Biminis yett. I had a traditional under the tower bimini and like so many of you thought over the top biminis<(OTT) look's weird. When I first saw the BU's with the Illusion tower 4 years back and it was a OTT bimini I thought wow thats a cool way to do a bimini.
I say all these people that don't like them or are on the fence about getting one try this.
Go out for a day with a boat with a traditional bimini and then go out for a day in a boat with a OTT bimini. IMO there is no comparison. They are so much better in every way.
#1 Headroom
#2 The way they fold up, (when they are folded they fold over the front legs the tower not blocking the rear tower speakers)
#3 Not blocking sound from the tower into the boat
(traditional tower biminins when up block the sound from the tower into the boat)
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-04-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
Yep, forgot about the angle. I knew I was a dumba$$. I still prefer the UTT bimini.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
so question for you guys with the over tower biminis, does that protect you as well as the ones that are standard mount biminis?

grant how do you like yours? the lady and i have your boat but in green and we are thinkign of upgrading the tower and bimini this year or next.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-04-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Wow. John at Tower Biminis did a good job. I like it. The nice thing about tower biminis is that they give the customer options. Being somewhat tall the extra headroom would be nice.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-02-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
How much did this end up costing?
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-02-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
Better adjust for 6 years of inflation on that price...... 2008
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-02-2014, 11:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
No one is addressing the fact that you can't wakeboard with it up, without tearing the thing apart with the rope going back and forth on it. Not a good design.

Or, maybe I'm just a dumba$$, and can't see how it works
This is a good point. Even if with the angle of it, it does allow you to wakeboard without interference, it will definitely get some wear when you are bringing the rope around to the rider when wakeboarding and especially surfing.

I rode a Moomba Mondo surfing with this kind of Bimini setup and every time, the rope would get caught on the edges of the bimini and rub across until the line was tight and you were behind the boat. When you were off to the side it would majorly catch the bimini.

The edges/corners of this kind of bimini will get worn quicker than the rest of it because of this. Because of the angle when being pulled and getting up from behind the boat, not off to the side, you won't have the sawing effect when wakeboardin like you might think.