Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2009, 4:05 AM Reply   
Friend was filming when I got my first pete 5 last sat so stoked!

Only learned the pete about a week ago and then tried the pete 5 a few days later, was more shocked than anything when I got it, but still stoked. I can grab the pete 3 now but havent tried yet on the 5.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2009, 5:11 AM Reply   
sweeeet! that second trick was awesome what you claiming that as front 2 fakie, vulcan, beesting??? super long grab really cool never seen it like that before. well done on the pete 5
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-09-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
SICK!!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-09-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Nice,Congrats!!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
thanks still got a smile on my face!

yeh that 2nd trick is how i do my front 2 fakie's but Ive never seen it on vid until now, its a lot more laid out than I picture it when Im doing it
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
sick sick congrats!
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-09-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
killin it on the cable. yah brah bro!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-09-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Heck ya Mark, way to throw down!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
i remember a month or so back someone else had the pete 5 and in the same video went for the pete 7, he got pretty close from memory.

Any update on if he landed it yet? Im having some crazy thoughts on going for it this weekend but have a feeling the crashes will be epic
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Ya that's my friend down here in tampa here's the video: He hasn't landed it yet probably only gotten to try a hand full of times since the video because of school! Good luck man!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-09-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
thanks Jonny Boy! I broke all my boards and have been studying my butt off for exams but i just got a new lyman limited in the mail today!!! last exam is tomorrow morning so maybe tomorrow will be the lucky day? Congrats on the pete 5, looked pretty awesome! do you ride regular or goofy?
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
yea thats it! sick, it looked so close, just popped the handle? I imagine you have to go huge to have any chance of landing the 7?

yup I ride regular
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-10-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
You will be grabbing that reaaaaaal soon!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-10-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
Ahh - I knew something was wrong with the picture. Cable. It all makes sense now.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-10-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
the attempt in that video was one of my first tries at it. I am relatively close considering i get every handle pass now. I will try some tomorrow when the camera is out. oh and by the way... the crashes are epic haha!! gonna go out the front, out the back, catch edges, do the 720 and not a full flip (the worst) its fun and you learn how to fall pretty well! i would recommend trying a late grab, reaching for it keeps your body bunched up and helps the spin come around for me and make sure you get both hands on the handle when your going to land cause going to blind requires a quick handle pass. good luck and lets see some new video soon!!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-10-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
and the truth, why ya hating on the cable?
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-10-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
hey i just watched your video a couple times, one thing that makes the trick feel way more consistent is really kicking off the top before you start the spin. notice how your slightly turned into the rotation at the top of the ramp? thats where i normally don't get the full flip and get wrecked! The longer you wait=more height=more fun! Also about the late grab, pause your pete 5 video right when you get both hands on the handle and look how close the board is to your soon to be free hand. That's why i say try and reach for the grab and especially for how far you poked out your left leg and bent your right knee. WAAAAYY closer than mine is to me and that would look really sick! Sorry for all the writing but maybe it will help ya get the grab!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-11-2009, 5:03 AM Reply   
sweet bro thats good advice actually, the last few pete 5's havent been great and I think its because Ive been rushing the rotation off the kicker like you said. Definitely will try to delay it and go for that late grab. The pete 7 will be on hold until the 5 is locked down! The good thing is Ive got the stalefish pete 3 consistent now and feels so much better than the non grabbed version!

Good luck with your 7 attempt and dont forget to film it!

Oh also just ignore truth, not sure why he feels the need to hate but responding only gets him going. Sad but whatever.