Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-25-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Looking into buying two cameras and a monitor but have no idea how to hook it up or where to buy.

Anything is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-25-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Personally I've never set up one of these systems, but it doesn't look too hard. Check out the following for more info:

http://www.x10.com

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=288&name=Security-Surveillance
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2008, 4:13 AM Reply   
Best thing you can do is find someone that is an installer for ADT or some other security business. Talk to them and I almost promise you that they have some old cams laying around from an updated installation they did. Plus they could probably hook it up for you.

That's how we did it at my house anyways. I'll see if I can find out anything else for you also. Good luck.
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-27-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
I picked up a cheap one at Harbor freight like 30$ with night vision..not Much to set up..
cheers
D
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-29-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Darrin, how did you set it up and did it come with a monitor too?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-30-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
This guy I know, had cameras through out his house and they where all connected to his computer. He had an account with www.gotomypc.com and he can remote access his computer. So if he had say the cable guy coming over he could login to his home computer from work and watch the guy's every move. Creepy yet cool.
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-30-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hi Man, no monitor its a turn key system that you plug in to any tv or VCR, I picked up a cheap Digital VCR that does time lapse recording for 24 hours..onto a hard drive..total package under a hundred
the camera was from harbor freight(cheap stuff)
the DVR was from frys..outpost.com
hope that helps
Cheers
Darrin