Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (wkbdboi)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
does anyone have any pics? I want to see some new gear.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 4:36 AM Reply   
Alright.....It has come and gone. Let's see the photo's of the new gear.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
I thought for sure we would have seen something on this thread by now. Was the gear not as impressive this year?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-17-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
When you take as many pictures as Dave does you have to go through and put it all together. Plus do you really think he goes all the way to Florida, takes 1,000+ pictures just to slap em up in one of the many "please give me expo pictures" threads? No, Dave is a classy gent and will probably use them with his writeup and photo gallery that I'm sure he is working diligently on.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-17-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Good call Big Heavy, Dave has all my photos from Parks' DU or Nothing plus many more to sift through. He is working on that, expo, railjam, and what ever else he got into this past weekend. Be patient and you will be happy...
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 6:31 AM Reply   
My bad...your right. Lots of stuff lots of pictures. i am surprised that board companies are not set up with their own websites with their new gear posted yet. the companies I use to rep would have a their first trade show and immediately flip a switch on their own websites and the new gear would be exposed for everyone to see. I guess I was counting on WakeWorld to much to be the first main source to expose the new products. I am greatful for the hard work Dave does here. Better than the corporate sites and most other wakeboard community sites.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
The gear was EXTREMELY impressive this year...particularily in wake bindings. Everyone is really stepping it up in the overall design of closed toe bindings. I just didn't take any pictures.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Naw what was your opinion on the new Hyperlite boots vs. the Ronix boots? I have the Cells....very comfy boot, but a few quality issues with the laces and the liners. but overall, still happy with the ride. What was the most impressive boards and boots for 08?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
The major difference I noticed in Hype's boots this year is the width and weight of the bindings. They look so much less bulky than alot of the other closed toe bindings on the market.

I didn't look to hard at the Ronix stuff because it was out at O-dub as opposed to the expo floor. I'll see their stuff soon enough. Altho I did go ride the cable twice, I just never walked out to the tent.

There was alot of good looking boards and bindings. Gator has really stepped up their bindings and the boards look great. Liquid, of course, has some very comfortable stuff that is stylish as well while remaining functional. Slingshot's new boots are going to get some water time for sure....very cool. The CWB closed toe Zeus boots will be a love 'em or hate 'em type thing, but they are different looking and feeling, so I like them.

There looks to be movement towards raised graphics or textures on boards this year. Pretty cool, but mostly cosmetic.

Overall, I was probably most impressed with Hype's new line up, boards and bindings, with Gator and Slingshot right behind. I'm always impressed with LF's stuff, but I don't get out on their boards and bindings too much due to the local dealer so I won't ride their stuff until they switch dealers in my area. Their new clothing line is the shiz though.

All in all, an exciting year will be upon us shortly in terms of gear.

There's no way to tell the durability of any of the new stuff there as most of it isn't shipping to dealers yet.

Excuse me while I cure my 5 day hang over.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Thanks Naw. Speaking of gatorboards......does Gerry Nunn finally have a signature board...if so..how did it look?
Old     (love_potato)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Naw: cheers to uh saturday
Love Potato: i have to much fruit on my cup!!!

yeah man new gator is sick!!!!!!! i really hope vince gets me on the team! i never really paid attention to gator till i saw their new stuff and it was amazing!!!!

randy harris's part in the new video hands down best riding i have seen!!!!

OH YEAH POWER OF THE STACHEUpload
Old    sealyon.net            09-18-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
I was impressed with all the gear I looked at.
The Hyperlite gear was the best in my opinion The new boards were great and the boots are sick also,plus they are made by DC.
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
pics
http://alliancewake.com/article_gallery.php?id=3215
Old    sealyon.net            09-22-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
We didn't take any pics there but here are a few of my boards I got signed,also the boards in the bed really got my wife's goat. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
http://web.mac.com/wakestuff/iWeb/Wakestuff.co.uk/Expo%20Pics.html