Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-01-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 x-star and the rear hatch is one peice and opens with a large electric actuator on the passenger side. My problom is that I want to put a sac in there for surfing but I don't know if It would break the actuator, just wondering if any one has tackled this problom before any help would be awesome thanks.
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-01-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Erik

I have the same year and model and my actuator has been on the fritz. I usually have 2 400lbs fat sacks on each side, one laying on the actuator which may be a reason why is is on the blink. If your actuator goes out, you are hosed because you won't be able to open your hatch except through the seat, but you have a fat sack blocking it. My solution is that I bought the shocks and hardware to change it to a manual lifting hatch. I also bought some hardware to rig the release pin so I can pull the pin from under the seat. Just my thoughts...
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
I have an actuator on my 95 SS Nautique and I put a fat sac in with it no problem. The fat sac just fills up around it. I have had absolutely no problems.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-01-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Ive been thinking about just disconecting the thing and laying it on the floor, but do you think the hatch would fly open or is it to heavy I realy just want it for surfing so we will be doing 10 miles an hour so it should be ok
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-04-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
The hatch wouldn't fly open going that slow, but it is a bit of a hassle to pull the pin when you want to.
Old     (xbrdr1)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-04-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
I've been using the 550 on it for a couple yrs. No issues. Wilson raises a good point about not being able to get to it. You should 'rig' some sort of method of disconnecting the pin if the motor fails.