Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-13-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
I just finished a wakesurf video of me riding this past friday...it will be posted on
www.420EMPIRE.com tonite. its called 'Wet & Wild Wakesurf Angi' haha!
check it out. I have only wakesurfed two other times, but let me know what you guys think !!! *video and riding*

angi

www.420EMPIRE.com
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-13-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
Angi:
I'm hearing Crickets again.
Let's get blow that vid out already.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-13-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
its there...'what choo talkin' bout Willis?'
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
Best part of your vids...you're always having fun.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-14-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
I agree with Eric, it looks like Angi was having a blast. That's what its all about, just having fun.

Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-14-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
listen what happend this past weekend..It was during the wakefest wakeboard contest..I am out there in the intercoastal,,choppy as poo and rollers everywhere..I am falling on dumb stuff *caught a ts edge* junk you would never just 'splat' on during a contest! and the boat driver and judge pull around to pick me up finish my run *this is during the contest* and they look at me and say "well, at least you are smiling' ..I replied.."hey, I am wakeboarding..what more could I ask for" and I just did the best I could.. I walked outta there with a first place plaque for the womens division! first trophy I have ever won my whole life! (32) !! so happy!!! if I am on the water...angi is smilin and happy.. thanks for noticing the happiness guys! its supporters like you guys that make me wanna post all my vids, no matter how silly or 'non bling blingy' my tricks are! I try and I always do the best I can!

*but hey I still think I ride pretty good for a girl!* *
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-14-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
Blingy!!!! Thats great. Smile and have fun..I would rather ride with someone who is having fun rather than someone who goes off but gets mad because he or she is having a bad run.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-14-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Arun--EXACTLY! used to ..USED to ride with a guy like that...hated every second of it. it was like 'dude, you didnt get it this time..try again, but have FUN while trying!!' I am forever laughing at myself *(which I am sure others on the boat are laughing right along too!) *at me and with me*
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-14-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
WORD UP! It's all about the fun.
Old    norcal_99            05-14-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
Great job Angi.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
My wife and I were talking about this over lunch. I told her I was re-watching some of the videos done by Angi, Christie, and Stephanie...thinking about hitting the water tonite. Anyway, she said we ought to make our own video. I told her, we don't do much besides a couple of surface tricks and some W2W and now 180's. She said, so what, maybe people would have fun seeing you guys try some of the tricks and falling and such.

I think it's true. I find inspiration to do new things by watching some of the videos, I and remember that the point is to share with friends and have fun watching all your videos. Keep it up people...seasons just beginning!

Eric
Old    norcal_99            05-14-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Eric, It's all about the FUN FACTOR. Let us know when you have a vid ready.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-14-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
DEFINATELY! I would watch your vids eric! I love to watch everyones vids and see their progress or just them cuttin up having a good time! I wish more girls posted videos of them riding..I only have a couple I ride with, so its always kool to see girls rippin it and havin' fun!

go make one,....right now...!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-14-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Anji,
We plan to head ouy to your neck of the woods real soon. We will let you know the exact dates.
Nice vid!
We can throw a AnjiSimpson.com on my site anytime with out any problem. I'll email you for more details. Say hi to Jake. I'll call Jake and we'll talk. We will work something out.

Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-14-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! my next video is in the works..
all girl vid..starring..who else? and some friends! *girls who wake/skate/surf and laugh!
Old    mb_girl            05-14-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
Angi,
I just watched your video - very cool! My hubby & I are going to try getting into that this year.

As far as the attitude thing....I have to laugh at myself, otherwise I wouldn't have any fun! I'm not a great wakeboarder - I can clear the wake, do a few surface tricks, & switch and that's about it, but I have a blast doing it. I don't know if there's a better feeling on the water than when you've really gotten it right on a w2w & you hit the downside so right.... But boy, when I get a good faceplant, or headplant, or buttplant....well you get the idea, there's nothing to do but laugh about it 'cuz I know it's funny when I see others do it so mine must be freakin' hilarious!

(Message edited by MB Girl on May 14, 2004)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-16-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Tracie!! thanks so much for watching the video! glad u liked it..I put lots of heart into my vids and always love to hear feedback.

Totally feel ya on the face/butt/headplant! LOL

as soon as you get some video footage, please email me the link, I would love to see ya tearin' it up!

please check my profile for my homepage/URL to view my new WAKEBOARDING video.

laughing is good for the ol' soul!
Old    mb_girl            05-17-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
"as soon as you get some video footage, please email me the link, I would love to see ya tearin' it up!"

Hmmmm, a little difficult to pull off, it's usually just my hubby & 2 boys (7 & 9). I'll think of something, it'd be nice to be able to see what I'm doing wrong (& sometimes right).

We're going to try & get a wakesurfer for a trip to Shasta this weekend. Any tips for complete newbies that have never surfed at all?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Angi, nice video. Thanks for sharing!

You are doing great on that small wave. If you guys build a bigger wave you will find it even more fun and forgiving.

VLX with 1000 lbs in one corner...

wakesurf
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-19-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
Dane--Thanks!

That is all we had that dayit was a weekday..all the friends were working and it was a 'last minute call to the water'*with no fat sacks either* whats a girl to do??
so I just did my best with what I had to work with, I had a smile plastered on my face the whole day!

I wakesurfed for the first time behind an X30 with
8 guys on it! fully weighted. HUGE wave. Our friend Drew Danielo came down that day and he coached me, had me ridin' without the rope on my third try!! we are going wakeboarding this weekend behind an *X star* and hoping to get in some wakesurfing too!

Your wave looks niiiice! I wanna ride that!