Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-04-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Just finishing up our first DVD of the 2008 INT US Championships and was wondering how many of the riders on WakeWorld compete in INT tournaments?

Like to hear your thoughts on the new trailer check it out here!
http://wakesurfskate.com/?L=cms.INT_Videos

Cheers
Darrin
WakeSurfSkate.com
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-04-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Whats up man. I ride Arkansas INT and Championships judged the Mens and Women's Pro Wakeboard and Wakeskate events. I think I was in the boat with you some. The trailer looks awesome. I appreciate what you do to help support the INT League.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
I would if there were one near by to ride in :-(
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-04-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Jon!! The event was a lot bigger than I expected. The DVD turned into a big project real quick! Hope everyone digs it!

Spread the word DVD ships next week!!

Cheers
Darrin
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-04-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
I competed last year in the IL/MO series and I will never do it again. INT might possibly be the worst organization in the world.
Old     (wakefactory)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-04-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I did for one season about 5 years ago. Not really a format I like, so i started my own thing.
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-04-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
Hey Dustin, cool it was my first year filming.
Lot of great riders!! How is your project working out?
cheers
Darrin
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
WakeboardSTL,

Come down to Arkansas and ride our INT for an event next year, we have alot of people that come to us from other sates that have INT's because ours is so well run and coordinated.
Old    benj_t            12-07-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
darrin, im actually in that vid that you posted. im standing in the Jetpilot booth. I ride in INT and im in expert
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Oh, and I am in the video. You caught the end of my first wakeskate pass. Video looks great, but could have done with a little less slalom ;).

It looks good. That one Mini Outlaw kid straight up ate it, lol.
Old    benj_t            12-07-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
hey caleb, i remember seeing you ride. you rip dude.
Old    benj_t            12-07-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
hey caleb, i remember seeing you ride. you rip dude.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-07-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
My daughters ride and we love it.

I'm pretty sure that Luker doesn't ride INT.
That only makes sense if you are familiar with the outlaw thread.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
Thanks man, I wasn't proud of either of my runs, but I can't complain, haha. Word on the street is there might a Pro Wakeskate division next year, so I look forward to seeing what they do with that.
Old    benj_t            12-07-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
haha same here. the only problem i had at nationals though was that the dude took half the course to get me back up to speed when i fell and i only got like 3 or 4 tricks in my second pass which was kinda a bummer. But i had alot of fun and went pretty big so it was all good even though i didnt place
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-08-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hi Benj and Caleb
Glad to hear from you all!! I just finished editing the expert class, working on the wake skate, lot of great footage.

This project is eating up a lot more time than I expected, with the spectrum of an INT championship event only a small sliver will make the DVD that ships this week.

Trying to figure out what to do with the ton of great footage..most wont make the DVD. Thinking about making each class a separate, mini DVD any interest? Ipod downloads?? How do INT members connect with each other? WakeSurfSkate.com is still in start up phase..internally were Building a social network for INT members. Gallery forums..
the DVD has sucked up all my time from that project.

I'm open to ideas and like shooting events but going to need sponsors next year to do a more serious project. Multi camera etc..

Really turned out to be a bad year to start a project like this..but the DVD is almost done and looking good!! What do you think of the cover?

Cheers Darrin

Upload
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-08-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
INT regions have a master e-mail list. Each coordinator can e-mail their members. How much do you need to charge per DVD to make it worth your while. I would think INT could just add that onto the entry fee and everyone gets one.

I would break the dvds up into 3 or 4 divisions per dvd since ther are 21 slalom, 5 kneeboard, 2 skate and 17 wakeboard. Have a template that shows opening and closing ceremonies, some crowd shots and the awards presentation for those 3 or 4 divisions. You may want to put the pro division on each dvd for people to have.

There is something like 400 athletes so $20 each would be 6 grand. Is that worth it?
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-08-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Darrin - I rode in a few tournaments here in WA, it was a lot of fun, met some cool peeps, but I'm not the biggest fan of the scoring system.... Still not sure if I'm gonna do it next year.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-08-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
iPod downloads of each division would be sick. I'd Pay like 5 bucks per division. You could easily make money putting them on iTunes.

Cover looks sick!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-09-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
INT regions have a master e-mail list. Each coordinator can e-mail their members. How much do you need to charge per DVD to make it worth your while. I would think INT could just add that onto the entry fee and everyone gets one.

I would break the dvds up into 3 or 4 divisions per dvd since ther are 21 slalom, 5 kneeboard, 2 skate and 17 wakeboard. Have a template that shows opening and closing ceremonies, some crowd shots and the awards presentation for those 3 or 4 divisions. You may want to put the pro division on each dvd for people to have.

There is something like 400 athletes so $20 each would be 6 grand. Is that worth it?
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-09-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info!!
Roger, the numbers work great!! But INT needs to support a budget for that to happen!! WakeSurfSkate.com is way to small at this time
turned into a huge distraction..but they are selling and in the long run I'm sure it will help my project! New WSS long sleeve T's and Hoodie's will just be launching a week before christmas..grrr

To do it right Sponsors need to be involved, it gets expensive fast and post production is not the right approach. To cover the complete event take 3 shore line cameras, 4 boat cameras and a live mix. Still working on exact cost, but unless I can get it picked up by Fuel or Redbull pretty out of my reach.

The smaller events are much easier to deal with..This year I'm hoping to start shooting more travel locations with pros..and rail jams, also working on surf, skate, and snow..Next DVD will be sick!!

This year I'm stuck between delivering my commitment to INT and doing a bad to the bone DVD..If I was slow its one thing, but triple shifting is no fun.. Once everything slows down I will release a bunch of web downloads of the different classes I covered..expert and wake skate are in the can and fun to watch!! I was thinking around $5ea 10-12 minutes

The DVD is still coming out great, I just cant afford to do fancy graphics or special effects.. Will be ready by the end of the week!
Please spread the word!!
DVD available here:
http://store.musicgroups.com/index.php/cPath/62_86/sort/3a/action/buy_now/products_id/200

Cheers
Darrin
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
Like the cover Darrin. Nice work so far from what I've seen.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-19-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
Got my copy yesterday Darrin... Glad to see you finally got something out there. For not having any budget and a truncated schedule I think it turned out alright man. The audio and some of the video editing could use some love but it supports INT in a real positive way. Definately fun to watch something different. I've never seen the same trick thrown a million different ways, in all different styles, all in succession (including all the falls). Think the best part was watching Emily Copeland ride, then watching the camera pan over to her fan club cheering her on in the boat. There's a lot more that couldve been done as far as the format goes (didnt flow too well through the different divisions), but for what its worth after watching the video, I'll definately be riding INT next year. It's a good video to watch if you've ever considered riding in a comp and wanted to know what it was like. Also gives a flavor of the types of tricks you should have in your bag for the different divisions. good work Darrin.. u guys should order a copy and support your fellow wakeworlders.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-19-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
anyone else get their copy yet?
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-22-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Thanks John!! Glad to hear your review. Learned a lot of lessons on this project! Hope everyone digs the DVD! Lot of effort went into making it happen.
cheers
Darrin