Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-29-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Plan on Riding Brighton, Solitude,Snowbird,Park City, and Alta this week Thurs. - Tues next week. Whose been and whats your favorite? Then it's back home and prepping the boat for spring! Can't wait for surf season to start!!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-29-2012, 9:58 PM Reply   
Sorry bro I wish I could tell ya. You'd think me being local Id know LOL

On the bright side..The ice has cleared on the Two of my lakes, with a little persuasive talk I might convince some buddies for a Surf set when I get back in town next weekend

Where will you be staying? Id recommend dinner at least one night at Rodizios Grill in Trolley Square http://rodiziogrill.com/
Old     (BoardCo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Coming to Utah is always a good time!

Which resort is the best depends a lot on what you are doing - if you are snowboarding or skiing and then if you are looking to freeride/ski or hit the park. If you are snowboarding then the Canyons, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton are all good spots, but Alta is definitely out. The snow is typically best at Brighton of those options but if you want to ride park then Park City and the Canyons has some crazy terrain. Both the Canyons and Park City are epic because of the amount of area you can explore, especially if you want to get away from crowds.

Alta is awesome if you're the kind of guy that likes to have 2 sticks under your feet.

Good news for you is even though this has been the driest winter on record here in Utah we just got a ton of snow dumped on us yesterday and that is supposed to continue for a few days. There's nothing like some fresh pow under your feet.

Have fun here in our backyard!

-Mitch@BoardCo
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Brighton is my favorite like board Co said park city and canyons are on a level of there own with the amount of area you can shred. But everytime I went there I was completely over whelmed by the amount of trails. I find Brighton ideal if you're only riding for a couple days.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-01-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
My favorite places are in order are
Brighton
Snowbird
The Canyons
Snowbasin
Park City
Powder Mountain.

I wouldn't waste my time with Solitude. If you like the steep back country feel hit the Bird. It all depends on the type of riding you enjoy and your experience level. Enjoy the greatest snow on earth.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-02-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Man did you time that vacation perfectly!!! Brighton has received 40 inches of now powder this week alone!!!! I went on tuesday and it was epic!!! Wish I was up there today!!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
^^^^no doubt bigcatpt...today was EPIC!! Best snow I have ever been on for sure!