Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-13-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
I look forward to the slam dunk contest every year. That being said this year sucked. Why hasn't Labron entered into the slam dunk contest yet? He's been in the league what 5 years now? I was just really dissapointed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   

quote:

By Flight007 (poser007) on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 9:13 pm:

Why hasn't Labron entered into the slam dunk
contest yet?

maybe he's waiting for lebron to enter.
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2010, 1:53 AM Reply   
the nba is it a viable sport?do people still watch?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-14-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
i agree. i thought the dunk contest was pretty boring this year. Why were there only 4 people? In years past, there were more.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-14-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Everyone is scared of looking like the guys did last night. Its an absolute discrace to the game Lebron does not enter. The average fan probablly didnt know more than one or two of the guys entered last night. Personally I think the fans shoulod vote who enters the dunk contest from a list the NBA compiles and if your picked your in period. Ive lost allot of respect for Lebron over the last few years. Specially sice he stood in front of all of us last year and stated he was entering. Think of the shows Kobe and Michael put on in the dunk contests' there wasnt any electricity in that event last night. Guys think you have ot do something creative to win. YOU DONT!! Just go out and throw down! Id love to see someone go out and throw down some dunks like VC or DW did back in the day. Just give me some sweet windmils lol screw all the props
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Coop, couldnt have said it better. What a let down and yes Lebron did say he would enter this years contest and then bailed. The weird thing is we all know Lebron can jump, why in the world would he not want to enter? The fans got a very boring dunk contest not to mention the ridiculous skills contest. Anyway, I will shut up just venting.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-14-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
the dunk is overated.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
someone please tell alicia keys that it's a good idea to sing upbeat songs at an all-star game. thanks.
Old    murrayair            02-14-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
What happened to just dunking the basketball? Now everyone's got props and is jumping over teammates. It's lame.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-14-2010, 9:48 PM Reply   
i think the dunk contest should be more like "horse"
one guy dunks then the next has to duplicate it, until you spell DUNK.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2010, 10:27 PM Reply   
Darren thats a great idea.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-15-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Dunk contest was really bad. Shannon Brown was a disappointment to fans that have seen his in game dunks. In fact there were much better dunks in the actual all star game than the dunk contest. Lebron should have kept his word, is he really afraid of being shown up? At least the game in the Cowboy Crib was a nice venue, but i dont think there were really 108K there.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-15-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
I have seen a lot of bad dunk contests, but this was just pathetic! I really thought Lebron missed an opportunity to push his brand over the edge. The dunk contest was screaming for a super star, instead we got the same ol' retread Nate Robinson, who I thought should not have won the last two, winning by default.

Side note: I don't have kids, but all I could think of while watching the half-time show during the game, wow, if I had kids, I would not want them watching this crap. Was it just me, or was the stripper acts a little heavy during half-time? Again, it's fine for me, but if I have kids, I want to have them watching the game I love, getting them stoked on hoops. But damn, Shakira comes out humping a cage, mimicing a *********ion move and Keys is caressing herself up and down on a stool. Damn, maybe I am just getting too old