Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-07-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
Just wondering... a guy I used to know rode for them about 4 years ago, and I remember their bindings were the coolest things I had ever seen, totally built like snowboard bindings.

Anyone know what happened?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   

quote:

I remember their bindings were the coolest things I had ever seen, totally built like snowboard bindings.

some bindings now are made like snowboard bindings, yet you rip on 'em.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-07-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
I realize this, but CD was the first company ever to make bindings anything similar to snowboard boots. This was about 4-5 years ago. I remember a pair called the FS01 or something close... they were awesome.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
actually, full tilt was the first company to ever make bindings anything similar to snowboard boots.

98 sub rosa

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
then there's concrete. did cd buy concrete's designs, or did concrete fold up and open up again as cd?

00 mach 5

Upload
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-07-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
my buddy rides a pair of 2003 CD's and absolutely loves them....
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-07-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
They were really good bindings. Well built, good materials, custom fit and great hold. Only problem were the footbeds were a little hard. It is funny that almost every binding has copied their designs, yet they went out of business.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-07-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
They may have invented it, but they didn't perfect it :-)

I always envied my friend with the FS01s, although I never tried them they looked like the perfect binding and he loved them.
Old     (gratz)      Join Date: May 2005       10-07-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Aden how was your time in North Carolina
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-07-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
If I remember it right
Concrete was first they had the first lace up.And pushed the design both in materials and Ideas.
Short on Cash they partnered with Duane who owns CD.
Duane also owns Kampus, Execute,and Acadamy Snowboards
He didn't see a good enough return on CD so he sold Concrete to the Japanese for international sales only.
Something like that I believe
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-07-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
And as I know first hand the Japanese are not willing or knowledgable enough to enter the U.S. market. Concrete and CD were made by the Japanese overseas.

(Message edited by fullonsalesgrp on October 07, 2006)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-07-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
But the CD name is comming back with accessories, mainly bags for 2007.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-07-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
Shawn, I had an amazing time... Met some really cool people and got to ride a LOT in 98º water, it is impossible to explain my experience in words. Cant wait to go back :-) thanks for asking!

Been super busy taking the new job at Mobius Marine and finding a place to live with Trevor, we get possession on Weds of our new place. Super excited, everything has been awesome. A client is taking Bradey and I on a trip to Shuswaps this next weekend for some riding and partying, I cant wait. How have you been??
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-10-2006, 12:13 AM Reply   
CD IS THE S#!T!!

didnt Josh Smith have some part in it?? owner?? maybe?? i never got the whole story

i had a pair of the AS01's and they are the best binding i ever had. one problem with them (ithought). the foot bed was too hard and i hurt my heel real bad once on them. ive been trying to make a footbed for them but i have came up empty handed everytime.. Plus who doesnt want a "nike" pump on their boot?

D COOK IS STILL ROCKIN THEM The WS
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-10-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
I still ride my CD's because I can't find a boot that is comfortable since I hurt my ankle. They are about 3 seasons old now and are finally starting to tear. Everyone thinks it is funny that I've got reebock pumps on my boots, and they still work! Foot bed is hard as a rock though

(Message edited by siuski on October 10, 2006)