Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    blue_malibu            02-27-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
I am going to be buying a MasterCraft X-Star FULLY loaded. How much should I be paying? Here are the options I am getting:

Custom Metal Flake
L18
Closed Cooling
Bimini
6 Speaker stereo
Stereo Remote
Amp and Subs
Stereo Trans Remote
Tower
Mirror
4 lights on the tower
(Deacon V tower speakers)
Bow and Stern pull up cleats
Depth Finder
Anchor Ladder
GPS System
2 batteries
Single Axle Trailer (Galvanized)
Old    blue_malibu            02-27-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
My MasterCraft dealer is offering me a 16% discount off the MSRP price. Should he be giving me more? I have been told other dealer give 20% discounts...
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-27-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
I don't know about price, but for a boat like the X-Star, I would consider a tandem-axle trailer a must!
Old    blue_malibu            02-27-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
what is the difference?
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-27-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Two axles instead of one. For a big and heavy boat like the X-Star, having those extra two wheels would be something you should put some thought into. An X-Star on a single-axle trailer may be pushing your luck.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-27-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
Ryan, take this from a X-star owner insist on the
double axle trailer. The x-star is a large heavy boat, and you need the extra stability that a double axle trailer will provide. Single axle trailers do not track as well, and also have a tendency to "fishtale" alot at freeway speeds. As far as price I am assuming you are getting a 05. We have a 04 very similar to the set up you looking at(look at profile for color of metal flake). We did do some custom mods that did add to the price of ours. But 16% is a odd number for a disc. off msrp. I would try to bargain with the dealer, but always remember, your buying the top of the line wakeboarding boat, so its gonna cost ya.
But I always say ours was worth every penny!!

P.S. PM me for more info on ours if interested.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-27-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
Well over 70k close to 80k!

Tandem trailer is a MUST!

downgrade on something else,not on the trailer!!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-28-2005, 4:30 AM Reply   
I didn't think they even made a single for the X-Star
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-28-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
As far as the trailer is concerned...If you only take the boat up to a cottage for the summer you don't need the tandem. If you trailer the boat every weekend then the tanem is a must.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-28-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
Only trailer available for an X-Star is a tandem
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-28-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Like big ed said... "downgrade on something else,not on the trailer". For a boat like and cost that goes with it, its nothing to add another grand or two.

I would paint the galv trailer too... it would look nicer.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Travis said it first--they don't make a single axle trailer for the X-Star. For the X-2 you can get a single axle trailer. Either way--get a tandem axle trailer.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-28-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Whit
if he is getting a single axle trailor he's probably getting it from somewhere other than mastercraft. Does Mastercraft even make galvanized trailors?

Like others have said, i would get a dual axle but if you are going to keep the boat on the water and only trailor it once or twice a year i could see why you would want to go with something like a sigle axle
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-28-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
A nice boat on a piece of crap trailer. With the metal flake & the galvanized trailer that beast will look more like a bass boat than any other (which might be what your going for). GPS system??? Now tell me how that will come in handy? I guess night boating but that is where you get the extra $ for the trailer.
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-28-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
The galvanized single axle trailer comes with the 2005 X-Star.
A tandem trailer is an option.
We own a cottage and our boat is delivered to us at the beginning of the summer. It is then picked up in the fall. That is what a single axle trailer is for.
If you are trailering your boat every weekend then you have to buy the tandem.
Old    blue_malibu            02-28-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
i am now getting a tandem trailer.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-28-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
X-Star owner here... tandem trailer is a must and am saddened to hear they even offer this boat on a single axle.

I was quoted almost 80K with your options, + heater, shower, transom remote, bimini, bow cover, etc. - loaded.., L-18 etc. for an 05/ OTD. no GPS. I would look into the NVS speakers instead of anything else. Have fun... Your not Ryan Rantz are you?? Change your name... if so glad to hear you had your way with the family!! ;) if not never mind! lol
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-01-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
I tow my xstar just down the street...tandem all the way.I have more options..73k
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-01-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
too much
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-01-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
personally i would just get a plain paint color i don't really like the metal flake, makes it look too much like a bass boat.
Old    bambamski            03-01-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Metal Flake all the way!!! I procrastinated too long and my boat went into production before I could change my red into metal flake red. Get the Flake!! I think it looks pimp!!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-04-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   

MASTERCRAFT ONLY OFFERS A TANDEM AXLE TRAILER FOR THE X-STAR... Galvinized upgrade is $900. The trailer can come with galv rims or the standard Brushed Aluminum Rims...end of story...}}