Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-15-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
The last post I saw was a mention by Tim of the iRock wireless remote. Is that something you can't say on WW?....like saying bomb in an airport, mentioning sex around your inlaws or bringing up MB in a 'Which boat to choose' thread that specifically says no MB.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-15-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
Really??? The first banner ad that pops up after I post this thread is for MB! I smell a conspiracy, or some well spent advertising dollars.

Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-15-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
I was looking for this thread yesterday afternoon too- wth???
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
The thread was cut because I am a vendor and I initiated a product review thread. This was looked at as an advertisement. I'm not complaining because those are the rules. But that is the simple reason for the deletion.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Seriously???
Wow I understand the rules of advertising but thats going a bit far.
There was a bunch of information about them not provided by you or seen as advertisement by you.
On another note mine just came in so can't wait till thursday when I get back in town from work.
Old     (HydraFenders)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-15-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
If someone post or comments on a thread that is a retailer of the product or manufacturer of the product and mentions nearly anything regarding their product, it is looked at as advertising. I have had two threads deleted because I used the wrong wording.

The advertising from MB popping up right after you post about them is because they are using re-targeting SEM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
If anything, it was an advertisement for Wetsounds IMO.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-15-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Good lord.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-15-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
Wow thats silly.Everybody knows wetsounds does not need the advertising the product speakers for itself.Will whoever installed the neutrik connectors on their 410's please start a new thread and post your pictures.I did not save them to my computer thinking they would be easy to find in the wetsounds thread
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-15-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
As David Mentioned . There is a strict enforcement as to how retailers may express their opinions and ideas. I Have had many of threads pulled with the though that I was trying to advertise. The inability to share installs when you are a dealer or your opinions is a little tuff to stomach, but those are the rules . Especially tuff when people use a regular "joe" names but promote a shop or product with intent to advertise using company names in the background of photos etc , and never get theirs deleted .
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
I miss a lot of the stuff that's been nixed.
My favorites were the walker surf board expirements and him promoting other home made garage builds. But guess him promoting others building their own and how to's promotes his company to much.
Guess I better watch it since I work for a utility, can't tell others about using electricity of any kind.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Those especially crack me up as if they are not being completely obvious and transparent. We call those sock puppets. Like someone's very first ever post that reads, " Anyone using......?"
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-15-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Rules are Rules and I understand that wake world has to have it this way otherwise everyone has a"story " about why their post is different. But the "sock Puppets " need be gone!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-15-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
Trust me - A thread getting deleted is a lot better than getting the forum shut down for a couple weeks. That is what themalibucrew did over the winter.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-15-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
Need a :tard: smiley.. Shutting the board down? It's not illegal or anything.. That is just retarded, people should be able to soft though information themselves. Worst case that thread should have had a few posts removed but personally I think that even goes too far..
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
I miss a lot of the stuff that's been nixed.
My favorites were the walker surf board expirements and him promoting other home made garage builds. But guess him promoting others building their own and how to's promotes his company to much.
Guess I better watch it since I work for a utility, can't tell others about using electricity of any kind.
Jeff Walker (Surfdad) is not affiliated with The Walker Project surfboards though, they just share the same name and his son, James, rode for them for a short time. He did create his Flyboy brand and sold that off to Inland Surfer though.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-16-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
Flyboy is what I was refering to his company.
But the expirements he did with new tech and new stuff whether it worked or not was what I loved.