Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (CNote)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-18-2002, 9:36 PM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding for about a year now. I have picked it up pretty well, can do heelside 1's and 3's, and have good progressive edging and pop. It is now time for me to step it up and learn some tricks now that i have the basics. The problem is, I seem to have this HUGE mental block about going upside down. I can go over and over it in my head, and be so ready to try, but when I get behind the boat, I totally freak, and wont try a trick. I have tried back rolls about 8 times, and got along with it pretty good, just wasnt edging all the way through the wake, and it NEVER hurt when I fell. But now I am too scared to try it again fr some reason. I get behind the boat and just jump back and froth trying to make myself try it, adn then get back in the boat pissed when I ride a whole set and dont try anything. I think I am beginning to become the posterchild for POSERS. I have the setup and basics, now I just need some tricks to go along with it. If anyone else has, or has had, this problem, please let me know how you got over it, because I am ready to learn something new, becasue it is such a cool feeling when you do. Let me know guys, is my taco hurting or what??