Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-09-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
this isnt necessarily wakeboarding, but i know many of you use all kinds of electronics in your boats. www.ampman.com just gave me the best customer service i have ever had.

i ordered a stinger relay from them about 2 weeks ago. they are in the process of expanding, so things got a little messed up. to make a long story short, the owner of the company called me this morning because he found out i was upset. he offered to overnight a bigger and better relay (if they had one in the warehouse) to me for the same price as the smaller one. he took the matter into his own hands to make me happy.

he then called me back and said that they didnt have the bigger relay available yet either. they should be in on friday. however i told him the whole point was to have it 2 days ago. he ended up driving down the street and bought a relay from a local store. he is overnighting that one to me for free (because technically he cant sell a product that he doesnt distribute). and then, he said when he gets the relay i really ordered, he will send that one to me also. i told him he didnt need to do all that, but he went out of his way to get me a relay. so, now, i will have 2 for the price of one.

just wanted you all to know that if you ever need any audio equipment and other miscellaneous stuff, ampman was a good company. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-09-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
I use ampman a lot. they are outstanding and their prices are great.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-09-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
i went to their webiste because of you ty. thanks for the help. he is sending me a 95 amp alternator, and the stinger 80 amp alternator. even though i know absolutley nothing about the 95 amp one he is sending me, i will probably use it until i get the stinger. then just switch them out. thats only because i know the stinger works well.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-09-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Very cool. I would bet that 95 is as good if not better than the stinger. ampman carries nothing but high end stuff anyway.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-09-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
ty - thats the problem. he didnt carry this item. he said he drove to a nearby place and bought it himself, which is why i told him not to worry about it, but he insisted. then, he told me that since he doesnt sell this product, he is not allowed to sell it to me. so he is sending it to me for free. so i guess i will wait and see what it is and find out some details on it. then i will decide what to use.

and thanks for the help on the alarm. all the parts should be getting to me soon and i will see if it all works out.