Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    cgbaker10            02-17-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
what would you consider the best DVD of all time?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-17-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Lord of the Rings special extended edition

Of course if you're not talking about wakeboard videos this should go in non-wakeboarding

if you are talking about wakeboard videos then I would go with Free4All
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-17-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
I think All or Nothing. Free 4 all is good too though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-17-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
All or Nothing
Old    bross            02-17-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
MAYDAY - Location, Riders, Music...old school stuff still beats anything new. All or Nothing had a few bad songs...Free 4 All didn't seem to push it hard enough. Wakeboard videos need to be more hardcore...similar to the preview for Scrubs of the South.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-17-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
I would have said "12 Honkeys" which is my all time favorite - but it is not available in DVD.

I agree that All or Nothing has at least one HORRIBLE song - I just simply cannot watch that segment. The rest of the vid is excellent though. I have never seen MAYDAY.

Switch and Switch 22 are also entertaining. I also agree that the new stuff does not hold a card to the old stuff.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-17-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
you guys must be referring to Sharpe's song, or Grubs, or both.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-17-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
Sharp. Just horrible. I cant listen to it. I skip over his section every time I watch it - too bad too, B/C that section has some good riding.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Mayday, cant wait for the DVD realease
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
Yes Noneya, the DVD coming out with Spray, Hit It, and Mayday will be the best wakeboarding DVD out there...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-17-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
Jim, I had to go watch the video to find out what song you hated so much - even though we just watched it on Sunday. Yep, you're right that song SUCKS. On the other hand, I like the music for Grubb's section, thought it worked really well for a wakeskating part since wakeskating is more about flow and being smooth.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
The music for Grubb's section is good, but listen to the lyrics. It's about suicide. The song is called "Join Me" and the singer sings "Join me in death." Weird, huh? I also agree that it's difficult to listen to Sid Vicious sing "My Way" although when that first came-out in the late 80s I thought it was cool. I think the Sofa Surfer's tune for Murray's slow section has a great groove.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-18-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
It's funny, sharpe's song is what makes me WANT to watch his part. For me, the energy goes really well with his style of riding and I guess the song just makes it for me. Plus, that song was used in an old shorty's snowboarding video years before, so I'm quite used to it. But I will admit, the very beginning of that song is quite annoying...but yeah, that sid vicious....

Yeah alex, grubb's song seemed like an odd fit, but whatever, right? I mean, it DOES work for his part, but as you mentioned...the subject matter....it's like there's more to brian grubb than good hair. I keed, I keed...

I suppose I could throw in my vote for best dvd, so here it is (drum roll, please)....SFUMATO!!!

(Message edited by electricsnow on February 18, 2004)
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-18-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Not so naked - glad you like that song - that makes one person that I've run in to that likes it. Its just too painful to watch. Guess you have to be in the mood.

I've actually "performed" that particular rendition a couple of times at karaoke but each time I was too drunk to hear myself. However I change the lyrics a little while singing - instead of saying "we did it my way" - I sing, "we did it SIDEWAYS". The song takes a whole new meaning that way. haha
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Well you can make that two now. I like that song. Great riding too.
NBT for best DVD (wish I bought it), or Metronome.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-18-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
That's funny cuz my favorite songs in All or Nothing are from Grubb's and Sharpe's sections. I loved them both! I heard the song from Grubb's section on the radio the other day and it reminded me of how much I liked it. I guess I'm weird! :-)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
Dave that could always be the next poll question. Do you like the music in Chads section of AON?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-18-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
Good idea. That's also a good way for us to hightlight our new Video Buyers Guide and the fact that we've got the music listed for all the vids we add. You're so smart!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
I know
Old    jzwake            02-18-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
I Like chad's music As well, All or nothing has my vote for now. I have Spun and Welcome in route.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
The best DVD so far is Natural Born Thrillaz. Although 12 Honkeys is my favorite overall (I dunno, I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it). Can't wait until the MAyday/Hit It/Spray DVD comes out.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-18-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ok Dave - you're weird. haha