Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-28-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
i didnt know perfect was that expensive...Any other cheaper brands out there???
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
AccuSki, but I have no experience with it. Perfect Pass is well worth the money! Trust me!
Old    samcdog            03-28-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Save the money for Perfect Pass. Once you ride or drive a boat w/ Perfect Pass you will never want to be w/out.

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
"Not-So Perfect Pass" for those on a budget who don't mind if it only works half the time. Problem is it's 2/3 the price as PP so you do the math. Next there is "Bull Pull" which doesn't change the boat speed at all but instead makes the speedos and tach read like your doing 22mph even if your going 35mph. If your really looking to go cheap look into "Accu-sme". It's not even hooked up to the engine. It's a picture of Saadam that you hang in the boat to direct your anger at after your driver spends your entire pull trying to change CD's and chat up your girlfriend. It won't give you a consitent pull, but it may keep a few friends from coming to blows.

Seriously, save up for the PP. Isn't the cruise only like 4 bone$ now?
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-28-2003, 5:42 PM Reply   
there is a device known as an arm and if you have some coordination you can use it and save some money
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
sorry Jim but your arm aint no where near as good as my perfect pass
Old    bigd            03-29-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
I agree... The throttle is included with the purchase price of each boat. The hand/throttle combination has proven somewhat successful in propelling a boat in forward and reverse - often times at a somewhat constant rate of speed...
Old    blackhawk            03-29-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Can't you just keep the throttle at a certian rpm to keep the same speed? A freind of my keeps the throttle at 2100 rpm's on her boat and it seems to work fine. I never had any trouble boarding behind it.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2003, 7:57 AM Reply   
I used to tow shortline tournament skiers for about 5 years, my times were right on through the course, if your an excellent driver, you can get away with being cheap. If not, buy PP, that being said I have Digital Pro, because it makes an even better driver.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-30-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
I think someone called the Perfect Pass a "marriage saver" in one review, a fitting moniker.

I find that most drivers irritate me with not being able to keep a constant speed. I can, but if there's a lot going on in the boat sometimes I'll look down and will have drifted 2-4 mph up or down.

I got a GPS thinking, OK - See that BIG digital number that says MPH, Just keep it at 22 mph, and most drivers are still are all over the place. There are a few drivers I know that are awesome and nail it, but most are not that good unless they have been pulling people for years.

I'm saving my money for a Perfect Pass! Now if someone could just come up with something that forced the rope to be delivered tight without dislocating sholders and prevent drivers from aiming for the worst water in the cove I'd be completely out of things to whine about.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com