Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    sparky68            10-16-2006, 12:59 AM Reply   
No u perverts, not that. First time letting go of the rope. LOL

It's been a long time coming, First for the specifics. I'm 240#'s, ride goofy and have an'04 Malibu LSV. Ballast is stock except for a brand new give or take 800# fly high sac. Front, mid and right side tanks are full. Sac is on the rear seat, more towards the front of the boat, rather than torwards the middle(if that makes sense). Speed of the boat was 10.3 on perfect pass. The board was a landlock, here's a link http://www.hyperlite.com/product?PID=9123

Now, although I was able to surf, I didn't like the condition of the wake. I don't have pics, Sorry. It was really white washed out. My pocket in this case, on the board above was about a foot from the swim step. I played around with the speed and I like the way it looked at 11.3, nice and sweet like some of the pics you see in others threads. BUT, could not surf it. I think I need more weight in the front or mid section as to create more mass behind the boat and lengthen the pocket. This is according to the Great Jeff Walker, Sir, please correct me I'm wrong.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm going out this weekend again and I'll take pics this time.

Also, how do you guys with sacs keep them from rolling off the seat? After hitting a few rollers from other boats the sac would eventually work it's way to the floor.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-16-2006, 1:25 AM Reply   
how is your wake on the port side ?
Old    sparky68            10-16-2006, 1:51 AM Reply   
didn't pay much attention. Let u know this weekend.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-16-2006, 5:10 AM Reply   
Rope'em
Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2006, 5:47 AM Reply   
Sounds to me like you you have too much weight in the middle of the boat and need more in the back corner. Have you tried putting the fatsac in the rear locker?
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       10-16-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
More weight toward the rear side you are surfing for sure...slide the fatsack back twds the rear as someone else suggested. Also, do you have the wedge? It really cleans up the wake on my boat but I have the smaller V-ride. Big difference with and without the wedge for me anyway...
Old    sparky68            10-16-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Edward, Thanks thats what I was thinkin just wanted to be sure. Is that the 800#er you got in the pic? Is that where U place it to Surf?

Sean and Tim, all I had in the mid was my wife drivin, she weighs 110#'s and the stock ballast in the floor. The front was full and the rear right had the stock tank(think 250ish) and an 800# fly high sac. This was placed as far back on the seats as could go.
You guys think I need more weight then that?

(Message edited by sparky68 on October 16, 2006)
Old    surfdad            10-17-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Hey Sparky,

Typically a washed out wake face isn't a length problem, it's a rearward ballast bias issue. The guidance you are getting is accurate. The only thing I would suggest differently is to work from the rear forward. Unladen the boat completely and use just the rear stock tank and the fat sac. Then run it. If the ballast change doesn't clean up the face, try increasing the speed a bit. If it cleans up ONLY when the wake is non-existent from the speed increase, try one last thing. Slow the boat down to the 10.5 or so, leaving the rear ballast in place and once at speed try turning into the wake or list...if that cleans it up, then you can surf using that turn, OR try and get some more weight in the back - possibly lead or another sac. Let us know what you discover.
Old    sparky68            10-17-2006, 9:44 PM Reply   
Once again you are the man. Thanks Jeff.
I'll let you guys know this weekend. Going to piru Sunday.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-17-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
would also suggest gps calibrating your speedo & pp before you start.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
I put some shots up over on the wakeboard side but thought you might enjoy these.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Sorry guys actually meant to start a new thread.Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Life Jacket
Old    sparky68            10-18-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Caddywanpin, Been there and done that. I sport a garmin 76s at all times on the boat. I like logging things at my favorite lakes.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
I would suspect since the lsv is a pretty big boat it is going to take quite a bit of weight...

i would experiment with 3 ~ 500 sacs and 2~ 150 moveable bricks at least.......if your open to steel shot about 10 bags of pop products (line the inside hull in tight spots or clean uş points)...

you also might want to slow down to 8.5 ~9 mph (bu's seem to do better slower on the starboard) and wedge up....YMMV