Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    lan1201            03-01-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
I'm a Rookie on this site and lookin at a new boat to buy. I have looked into a lot of wakeboard v-drive boats. I noticed the Moomba Gravity XLV and the Supra Gravity SSV look very similar. Is there a difference inbetween these boats? I am not sure if it is the same manufacturer or what. Help me out.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Both are produced by Skier's Choice. Hulls produced in the same plant. Different interior finishes and hardware. Price point if different as well. Think of Chevy and Cadillac.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-01-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
LAne,
Both Supra and Moomba are made by the same company : Skiers Choice in Tennessee.

The Supra Line of Boats are more expensive and the Details on the Supra's are more refined. Stainless Steel vs Plastic. Granted you can get a Moomba to look like a supra as far as options go but on the Supra they are most likely Standard on the boat vs the Moomba everything would be an option.

The hulls are made out of the same materials so structurally they are non-inferior.
The Vinyl is Different between the two and both are high quality. Engine, Dirvetrain, Props and everything are the same.

If you have the opportunity to go to a Supra /Moomba Dealership the do it and you can compare the two side by side.

I just bought a Moomba XLV after Owning a Supra Launch SSV for the last 3 years.

Good Luck
Old    supra_herman            03-01-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
the fit and finish is a little nicer on supras. The vinl work and stiching. so on. They are NOT the same hull though. Moomba's "quality" is compromised a little for price reasons but the performance is not. As far as getting a moomba to look like supra i dont.....well lets just not make this a pissing match. Good luck. Either boat skier's choice is one great company you'll be happy with either boat
Old    supra_herman            03-01-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
the fit and finish is a little nicer on supras. The vinl work and stiching. so on. They are NOT the same hull though. Moomba's "quality" is compromised a little for price reasons but the performance is not. As far as getting a moomba to look like supra i dont.....well lets just not make this a pissing match. Good luck. Either boat skier's choice is one great company you'll be happy with either boat
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-01-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Herman,
When I said "you can get a moomba to look like a Supra"

I meant you can get the Stainless Pop up cletes, Stainless Rubrail, 3 bag ballast, Tower Racks, and so on......

I did not say they were the same Hulls just made with the same materials and tolerances.
Old    lan1201            03-01-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Appreciate it yall.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
im on my 2nd moomba in less than a year. for the money you can't beat them. the supras are much nicer but it's just in the little details, the boats perform and do the same thing, it's just the little differces, it's kinda like toyota and lexus. i went with a moomba cause i really like the dealer and i can get a bigger moomba for the price of a smaller supra
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-01-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Some have brought up the resale concern on here before. The Supra may have better depreciation over the Moomba, but with Moomba's recent changes tehy may prove to hold their resale fairly evenly. Time will tell. And maybe Entrust can as well.