Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
So we found out that either the gas gauge is wrong or the last 1/3 of a tank goes really fast. We have a 06' Centurion Elite V C4 with the 330HP Black Scorpion. I am going to go get gas in it this evening what should I do after I get fuel? Do I have to do anything before I try to start it, am I going to be into replacing parts or anything?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
From prior experience you might need a little more work. We had a 02 X Star that ran out of gas and the fuel pumped seized. Basically the pump was running at full bore, we stopped, turned off engine. No Gas. However, we were at a pump. Put some fuel in and no go. The pump was spinning to suck fuel and when we stopped it had at the same time ran out of fuel. So if you put fuel in and it still doesn't start up, that it the next place to check.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
fill the fuel water separator filter with fuel cycle the key a couple times and it should start
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
fill the fuel water separator filter with fuel cycle the key a couple times and it should start
Thanks for the advice, any clue where I might find that little gem?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-22-2013, 11:28 AM Reply   
Just running out of fuel shouldn't damage anything. Gas engines are pretty good about priming back up. Unlike a small mechanical diesel which will need to be bled.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-22-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
I used to run my Star out of gas on a regular basis. Just put gas in it and start it.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-22-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
cycling the key will prime your fuel pump, that should be all you need to do. Put more gas in and have fun! Oh when cycling the key, don't physically start the engine. Just turn it enough to power up, then turn back to off. Every time you power up (without starting engine) you are priming the pumps.
Old     (LTRGUY261)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
Well luckily I was able to cycle the key a few times and it fired up. I will throw it on the water after work tomorrow and OPS check it, but it started and idled fine on the fake-a-lake. Thanks guys