Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Buddy just got his 01 SAN in the water today for the 1st time and left the manuals at work. Ballast filled fine, but when he drains the tanks it seem to be popping the breaker switch. System has the 2 seacock knobs behind the driver. Are those supposed to be fully CW or CCW when draining? How about when filling? Where are the drain pumps? In the tanks? Any ideas? Thanks much for any help!
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-30-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Note sure what is causing the breaker to flip. Assume it would be a short somewhere or too much load on that circuit.

Seacock valves should be open (or all the way in)(believe that is CW)) when filling and emptying. You only want them closed when the tanks are empty and you don't want them to fill without closing the shutoff valve in the engine compartment.

Hope that helps.

(Message edited by jroyal on April 30, 2005)
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Jeff, Thanks for the reply! Do you know where the drain pumps are located?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-30-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
The drain and fill pumps will be on the port side of the boat below the motor. They will be mouted to the stringer just below the motor. I would suggest removing both the lower and upper access panels to get to it. It's not that big of deal to take them out.

If the system is factory and hasn't been modified, there will be one 750 attwood aerator pump to fill and one to empty.

The routing of the stock ballast is as follows:

The water will intake through the thru hull go through the fill pump and push water through the drain pump in reverse. Then the line tee's off and goes to each tank. On the top of each tank near the front, there is a vent that runs to the seacock valves you were asking about originally. Those seacock valves basically put an airlock on the tank so the tanks will not take on water while driving if the valve on the thru-hull is open.
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
Jeff, Thanks much, great info!!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:46 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us