Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (cmt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
After much research our family has narrowed down our list to two boats. 04 X star or 05-6 210 team. Have ridden both boats (as well as Malibu) and are torn as which to get. A little info: family of 4 kids 7 & 10. All beginners with approx 15-20 rides. Will rarely be on rough water. Thanks for your opinions
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
04 Xstar. Its a bigger boat so everyone will be more comfortable. The 210 is a nice boat but the soom can't compare to the Xstar. Both are great boats and well built at that. I just think the 210 will be more cramped than the Xstar. Both Boats will allow your riders to "grow into them"

PS. Nice can of Worms
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Out of those 2, X-Star for sure. The steepness of the 210 wake is rough on beginners, and is hard to keep clean at slow speeds.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
You're lucky, sir. Thoses are both great options. Is there a price difference? I'm going to go out on a limb and say either boat will make you very happy. You've done a bit of riding behind both? Which wake makes you happier?
Old     (cmt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, 10yr old son wants 210 says it makes him "fly" mom wants the star for the room as mentioned above, 7 year old girl thinks they both look cool and wants to know which has loudest music, Me I just want something that makes them happy and is able to throw my fat butt. As all of you mentioned both are great boats but since this is our first wakeboard boat I thought I would ask others who had spent more than a couple of hours in them. Thanks again
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Make the wife happy first, then add the fly high xstar extra ballast system to make the son happy, then take the boat to a good stereo shop and make the daughter happy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-06-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Preston has the right idea. If you can weight it like bonecrusher, your son should be plenty happy.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-06-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
I just got an 06 Xstar and couldn't be happier. It has a lot of room. It rides well in chop, better than the 01 X30 that I had before. My son is a pretty good wake boarder, now 19, and he likes the wake very much. We just use the factory ballast and an additional 250 lbs in each back locker and find it to be very nice size wake. I know that more is better, but for know were having a blast with that. The stereo is plenty loud enough with the JL set up that is in there. The wife even uses earplugs.
The only concern that you have to look out for is waves over the front; give it a little gas just before you hit them.
Old     (cmt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
thanks for the replies guys. guess the boy is SOL. Still can't believe no one said the 210 but I wanted honest opinions. gonna take much grief from friend who owns and is pushing Malibu. look forward to posting pics soon thanks
Old     (jaytique)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-06-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
i would get a vlx, plenty of room, love the look, don't sink the nose near as much, and a beautiful wake and surf wave, but thats just my opinion
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-07-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
210 dont get out cause you need a lot of space, cause you got a big familly and if you want to bring friends you will be better with the star, 210 is perfect for 2-3 persons and dont need a lot of weight to throw a nice wake but less space in the boat, so not a good option for you
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-07-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I don't recall him saying crap about a VLX.

Your son is not SOL. Most kids would give there right arm to have that.
Old     (cmt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Paul you are right, it was just an attempt at humor. My family is thrilled that we are even getting our own boat. And you are also correct on the VLX, not sure why but I just do not like malibu's. thanks to all who have responded