Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-04-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
Can convert DVD => iPod Video and TiVo => iPod Video without buying the software that is advertised online?

I'd like to put some wake DVDs on my iPod and a few episodes of Pull from my Tivo (which are already on my computer in .tivo files) on there too. Any tips?

Thanks!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
If you run into any problems with the Videora iPod converter, check out the forum here: http://www.pspvideo9.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
thanks dpc.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
Hey, the site says that the Videora software:

"allows you to convert your regular PC video files (avi, mpeg, etc) into the proper video format that your iPod understands."

Seems like this would work for DVDs, but what about Tivo files, which are in .tivo format?

Here's the only all-in-one I've found so far:
http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-video-converter.html

"PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter Suite is a One-Click, All-In-One solution for iPod Video. It is the best software to convert DVD movie to iPod, Tivo to iPod, dvr-ms to iPod, DivX movie to iPod, Xvid movie to iPod, MPEG to iPod, WMV to iPod, AVI to iPod, RM videos to iPod, etc."
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
I've never tried if off TIVO before..

I did find this post (http://www.pspvideo9.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3873&highlight=tivo)

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:38 am Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pull off of tivo all the time. I save the files as AVI then convert them...

see this post for my fix that works 100% for me.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
I'm trying something on that thread called MovieTaxi Ipod - I'll post on if it works for .tivo files.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       01-07-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
to do dvd you first have to rip the dvd on your computer using dvddecrypter. then use videora
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
David - did it work?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
i do what taylor does
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-13-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hey Kung Fu. I tried the videora program and it converts them to MP4 but when I try to transfer my video to the Ipod in Itunes it says "Did not transfer because Ipod cannot play this video"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It's not exceding the mbps rate.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-14-2007, 1:10 AM Reply   
Can you play the mp4 file in Quicktime?
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Yeah Kung Fu. I ended up using a program called 3GP Converter instead and it worked well.