Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-04-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
I was going to explore my options of buying a houseboat on Lake McLure or Tullock in CA.

Anyone know where to gather information, listings, etc?

Thanks
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
How is Tullock lake?

A friend of mine just bought a house on that lake. A pretty sweet pad in the water.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
Which boat on McClure? My parents and a lot of friends have houseboats on McClure. My mom is on the Houseboat owners association board and runs the newsletter. Let me know if I can be of any help. It is soooo worth while to get a houseboat. Plus the price can only go up since they will never allow any more bouys on the lake.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ok thats weird, we have the same boat (Check the profile)
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-04-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
I hear Tullock is nice, though never been there, and I think they have houseboats.

The only other two options that are close enough that you can do them for a weekend are McLure or Don Pedro. I prefer McLure to Don Pedro.

I realize that they do not issue new permits, and everyone must buy an existing houseboat.

My real question is who do you contact to get all of the listings? Justin: Where can I get the newsletter? Are there listings in the newsletter?

Thanks
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
yeah, there are listings. You can always cruise the coves and see who has For Sale signs on their boats or check at the Barrett Marina. My parents just sold their old one and there are always a few for sale. McClure is definitely the partying lake. There is a whole community of great paople there. Friends will just show up at your houseboat with shots and beer and party then move on. Plus there are 3 major events every year (Poker Run, Luau, and end of Summer party) that are a blast. You can send me an email with your address and I will try to get a newsletter out to you. Plus McClure is full of fellow Malibu owners.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-04-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
Justin:

Sent you an email.

JK
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Hey Dane, Tullock is a great lake. Beautiful houses everywhere. Great for weekday riding, small and to crouded on weekends. No houseboats. Eric
Old    kmc            02-07-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
John, if you are considering Tullock, spend the extra 30 minutes driving & do New Melones. As Eric said, Tullock isn't the place to be on the weekends, it's small, crowded & no Houseboats.
Ken
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-09-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
We're either going to buy a house in the area or a house boat depending on the budget.

A house is a good thing because of the perecentage of time you can use it; skiing, snowboarding in the winter, lakes during the summer. Also a place to store my boat in the off season.

The houseboat is appealing obviously because of the ease of access to the water.

I thought they had HB's on Tullock, but Melones would be fine too. It's right in the same area. I've been snooping around on-line at real estate in Sonora, Jamestown, etc. I would like someplace that's 45 min or less to Dodge Ridge, and 30 min or less to the lake.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Most everyplace you can buy one, they also offer shipping or a link to a shipping company. It is not as expensive as one might think. You may also get the seller to pay for all or part of the shipping. Times are tough, it is a great time to be a buyer. Just do a search, keywords "used houseboats". A boat out of Mead, Mojave, Havasu, Tahoe, Don Perdo, Shasta etc. is easily shipped.

Try houseboatclassifieds.com
houseboatdepot.com
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
your right but sometimes you have to pay to get an existing buoy. Since a lot of lakes will not allow anymore new houseboats on the lake.