Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-29-2017, 9:50 PM Reply   
A friend of mine since college, its always fun to get out on the water with Jacob. I learned a ton from him back in the day when we would ride out on Lake Placid. Even 20 years later he's still got plenty of tricks in his bag.........and a family that loves to get out there too!

Let me know what you guys think!

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-29-2017, 11:03 PM Reply   
Right on, great video Paul! Nice to see Jacob still getting out on the water and it's a family affair. Tell him I want to see a video of an air mobe
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-30-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
Very cool video! Got me wanting to try that foil surfer. In another 20 years some of these guys will still be slaying the wake in their late 50's early 60's.
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-30-2017, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Right on, great video Paul! Nice to see Jacob still getting out on the water and it's a family affair. Tell him I want to see a video of an air mobe

Thanks Ryan! He's not too far off on that air mobe. He threw down an air roll to revert out of no where the other night when we went riding. Hadn't seen one of those in YEARS from anyone behind the boat! I'll tell him to get cracking on it!
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-30-2017, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Very cool video! Got me wanting to try that foil surfer. In another 20 years some of these guys will still be slaying the wake in their late 50's early 60's.

Thank you John! I'm certainly looking forward to see how long someone who grew up with the sport can keep riding. I think one of the guys that won the BMX Vert the last time it was in Austin Texas was 49 years old. I couldn't imagine taking a beating on the vert ramp at that age but I'm hoping to keep doing so behind the boat at that age!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-31-2017, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oslider View Post
Thanks Ryan! He's not too far off on that air mobe. He threw down an air roll to revert out of no where the other night when we went riding. Hadn't seen one of those in YEARS from anyone behind the boat! I'll tell him to get cracking on it!
That's awesome, Paul. Tell Jacob I said good luck, can't wait to see the video of it. He used to throw air mobes like it was nothing! And I have a couple of video's to prove it, haha!
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       11-10-2017, 2:13 PM Reply   
Love it Paul & Jacob! Good Times
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-12-2017, 10:17 PM Reply   
Jacob was in the very first issue of wakeboarding magazine I ever saw. Hunter brown was on the cover and it was the grom issue. 1995. randy and parks were also in it. At any rate, while I think it's cool he can still ride aggressively, the neatest thing is wakeboarding is still "something" to him and he's involved his family also.
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       11-17-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_nelson View Post
Love it Paul & Jacob! Good Times

Thanks Greg!