Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hi wakeworld!

In short, I'm looking for a drastic relocation from Canadian climates to the greater bay area! Does anyone have any contacts in the environmental field that I may get in contact with in the search for a new job?

It would be so much easier if there were no politically drawn lines in the sand! Maybe someone out there is willing to import me under nafta skilled workers agreements! I've got to try because this whole winter thing just isn't flying.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-20-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
What specifically do you do/want to do?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
I've been involved with environmental consulting for 6.5 years. Phase I through III environmental assessments of oil and gas (up and downstream), commercial, and industrial properties. I've also done a fair amount of spill response (transportation and pipeline) and environmental equipment management. I've been involved with proposals, field work, reporting, project management, and to a lesser degree client relations.

At this time I see myself continuing in the consulting practice. That being said, I have a few years of experience, am in the middle of a masters program, and am open to other areas of the environmental field.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-20-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
I manage IT services for these guys - maybe not what you're looking for though; good people: http://www.gridalternatives.org/jobs
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Wes. Once I complete my masters it might be a company for me to follow up with. I'll keep it on the radar, who knows what tomorrow will bring!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-20-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
Jeffrey Check your PM....
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-20-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
Ok I can't figure out how to send a PM, it just takes me to your profile.

Email me at daviesbri@gmail.com

We have an opening in the Bay area that you may be interested in.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Seemingly popular field. Several of my clients are in the Bay and may have openings. What is your time frame?

That being said I'm just a political consultant for environmental issues.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-21-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Blabel.

Hi Mik,

My time frame is somewhat flexible. My original plan was to complete my masters here in Edmonton but at this point I'm considering a relocation sooner. My next residency starts in February and goes through the first week of March. The earliest I would be able to start with another company would likely be the second week of March. I'm understanding of the current economic conditions and I know this may be a time consuming project. The challenge is that I face a short window between getting too far along my masters program and being able to relocate.

I have a place, but that's the only thing I really have with ties here. No one says it has to sell before I make a move.