Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (callumalmost)      Join Date: May 2011       05-03-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
hey i'm fairly new to wakeboarding at the moment i riding a 07 watson 130 and some really old chase bindings, i saw some 2010 cwb faction ct bindings the other day for a good price and wanted to know if the gen 6 plate would fit on my watson board? Also i was wondering whats your opinion on these bindings, so far ive heard nothing bad but want to be sure before buying theese bindings
Thanks for helping a newbie out
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-03-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
Never tried those but I'm almost certain you'll need a retrofit kit if you don't want to have your stance options limited. At least one stance width should fit grand but I've never seen more than one work. If your buying from a boardshop just tell them and they might even throw the kit in for free. Otherwise I'd say you could get them cheap on ebay
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-03-2011, 10:44 PM Reply   
I would say pass on the Factions. I'm personally not a fan. I got a pair of them with a Slingshot I bought. They are the Black and Green closed toes. 2010 I believe. If you decide to get them you will find out real quick that the stock laces are total junk. They do not hold at all. I had to cut them off and get a thicker pair. I kept the slide locks and put them on the new thicker laces. That helped a lot. Besides that they are just so-so overall. I ride the Ronix Ones as my main bindings. They are so much better it's not even fair to compare the 2. Sorry for the not so favorable review of the Factions but it's better to know what you are getting into. Good luck on your search!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2011, 8:05 AM Reply   
You will likely need a conversion kit for the Gen6 plate to work with a board designed for an 8 inch plate.

I ride the Answer boots which are very similar to the Faction. I've not had any of the issues tommy mentioned. I've been riding my 2010's since December of 2009 and they are in great shape, even after a week cable trip and countless days on the board rack. The thing about the Faction is that they are not super supportive, they are designed to give you some flexibility. I like em and will rock mine til they fall apart, which so far looks like at least through this season.
Old     (callumalmost)      Join Date: May 2011       05-07-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
You will likely need a conversion kit for the Gen6 plate to work with a board designed for an 8 inch plate.

I ride the Answer boots which are very similar to the Faction. I've not had any of the issues tommy mentioned. I've been riding my 2010's since December of 2009 and they are in great shape, even after a week cable trip and countless days on the board rack. The thing about the Faction is that they are not super supportive, they are designed to give you some flexibility. I like em and will rock mine til they fall apart, which so far looks like at least through this season.
Thanks for the advice, just one more question though,do i have to get a specific cwb conversion kit or will i be able to use a liquid force retro kit, as its the only one i can find in the UK, if you need to know which one its the bright blueone, Thanks, again