Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Al Jazerra Buys Current TV and a gateway into your Living room

$500 Million Co founder Al Gore is laughing all the way to the Bank! Im sure He will use the money to stop Global Warming and Fill up his Jet!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/video...nt-tv-18122449
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
Yeah... A Glenn Beck got turned away because his ideologies didn't align with the mission of the station... haha.. what a joke..
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
Who's Al Gore these days? A nobody.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-05-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
It's impossible to be a nobody when youre that rich.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-05-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifishok View Post
Who's Al Gore these days? A nobody.
Granted, he's no MC Hammer.
Old    deltahoosier            01-05-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
One spin on this is he made sure to get the sale done before the end of the year so he can avoid higher taxes.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
No one watches current tv that i know of
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-08-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
No one watches current tv that i know of
Which is why anyone would be crazy to not sell for a half billion.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-08-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
Oh my god, the muslims are taking over.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2013, 9:42 PM Reply   
Wake: Ask Europe and Sweden how that's working for them, The Muslim invasion that is!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-09-2013, 2:43 PM Reply   
I always thought it was interesting that if the earth is about 4.6 billion years old but we have only been able to know the temperatures for what? the past 80 years or so? How in the world could you possibly think you know the world is getting hotter by taking 80 years out of 4600000000. That is about the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Interestingly enough, I just read a story about a geologist who found some fossils in Mexico that dated to around 250,000 years ago. Problem was when the powers that be came in to investigate, it didn't match up with their previous view that humans in their modern state have only been around for about 50,000 years. They immediately closed the site, the geologist lost her credentials and has never worked in her chosen field again. Funny thing was the geologist wasn't;t even a Christian of religious. She used current dating methods that are thought to be pretty accurate. Interesting read I thought.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2013, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
I always thought it was interesting that if the earth is about 4.6 billion years old but we have only been able to know the temperatures for what? the past 80 years or so? How in the world could you possibly think you know the world is getting hotter by taking 80 years out of 4600000000. That is about the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Interestingly enough, I just read a story about a geologist who found some fossils in Mexico that dated to around 250,000 years ago. Problem was when the powers that be came in to investigate, it didn't match up with their previous view that humans in their modern state have only been around for about 50,000 years. They immediately closed the site, the geologist lost her credentials and has never worked in her chosen field again. Funny thing was the geologist wasn't;t even a Christian of religious. She used current dating methods that are thought to be pretty accurate. Interesting read I thought.
Clearly this was all part of al gores conspiracy to own a minority stake in a cable channel that nobody watches and to later sell same cabe channel to the English speaking affiliate of an Arabic news channel. Those fossils are crafty!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-10-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/al-gore-ric...165155218.html
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-10-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wake: Ask Europe and Sweden how that's working for them, The Muslim invasion that is!
So we pick and choose which parts of the Constitution work best for us? Is that how it works? You start one thread about preserving the 2nd Amendment, yet you are all about pissing all over the 1st. Gotcha.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Geeze, give it up already, Flight.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-10-2013, 6:31 PM Reply   
The point I was making was just like evolution is a fraud, so is Al Gore. If any scientist thinks he can have an 80 year sample out of 4600000000 then they are also frauds. Not to mention all the hundreds of emails found that clearly showed many scientists new the data was misleading. Al Gore is the biggest hack on the planet. To think that guy could have been President makes me want to toss my lunch.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-10-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
Al Gore is a genius!
If anyone is able to convince millions of people about something that is completely untrue, and then make hundreds of millions of dollars because of that, is a genius in my book!
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-11-2013, 5:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Al Gore is a genius!
If anyone is able to convince millions of people about something that is completely untrue, and then make hundreds of millions of dollars because of that, is a genius in my book!
Exactly! Whats funny is that the same people who bust on him for his iteration the MLM pyramid scheme are the same people who think Advocare, Scamway, and every other MLM scams are somehow grasping the American dream. They are all taking advantage of those stupid enough to believe in something just because a group that big cant be wrong/dishonest. Volume = Validity, right?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
The point I was making was just like evolution is a fraud, so is Al Gore. If any scientist thinks he can have an 80 year sample out of 4600000000 then they are also frauds. Not to mention all the hundreds of emails found that clearly showed many scientists new the data was misleading. Al Gore is the biggest hack on the planet. To think that guy could have been President makes me want to toss my lunch.
Okay, so how does your point relate to evolution exactly?