Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-26-2015, 7:57 PM Reply   
So I plan to upgrade the sound system in my 2000 crownline 202BR. Yeah, I know its not a proper wake boat but it works for what I want. I am having the tower installed next week and I want the sound system upgraded. I currently have (1 pair) 6.5" spots under the front dash and (1 pair) 6x9 spots at the rear seats. I plan on putting in kicker KS series speakers in those spots. On the tower will be a pair of kicker 6.5" speakers and I want to run a single 12" sub. The deck will be a new Pioneer with (3) pre-amp outputs. I am looking at amplifiers and trying to figure out what to get. I should note that I am having an extra battery added with the perko switch so I can sit and listen and not worry about draining my battery. In the future I plan to change the pair of kicker 6.5" speakers to the kicker horn loaded set up for the tower but that wont be until next spring. It looks like I could run one 4 channel amp wiring the inside boat speakers to the single channel and the tower to a second channel, then have a second dedicated sub amp. Is running 2 amps okay for these boats? Better to try and get a single 5 channel? I should note that I am not looking to shake the lake with my stereo, I just want something that is an improvement over the crappy speakers in there now and the stock Sony deck.

Also, I plan on running all car grade audio although the kicker speakers are marine rated I believe and the ams I am looking at are Polk and kicker which I think are marine rated. The boat is not ever kept in a slip, just for weekends and then kept in the garage. I plan on mounting this under the sun pad in the back by the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-26-2015, 8:13 PM Reply   
I would get an EQ with 3 zone controller (incabin, tower, sub) and 3 amps (4 channel for incabins, 1 channel for sub, 2 channel for tower).

you'll need to get fuse block, lots of power wire, rca cables, blah, blah, blah.

I was very impressed with my JL audio D series marine amp. So tiny and easy to install, yet powerful. Also very happy with my exile speakers, harpoon amp, WS 420, JL audio sub, earmark fabricated sub box. My kicker in cabin speakers were 'ok'.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-27-2015, 7:50 AM Reply   
Do you have any recommendations for the 3 zone controller? I noticed kicker sold some sort of controller for tower zones to be adjusted but I have no idea if you have to be running a kicker amp for it or even how it worked. I decided that for right now because the cost is getting so high that I am just going to stick with the three sets of kicker speakers and I also ordered a 4 channel Polk D-class amp. It gets good reviews and puts out 125W per channel RMS. I will run this for now until I can add the sub and a separate amp for it. Maybe run a third amp for the tower as you recommended. This is starting to get expensive! lol