Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-29-2008, 3:29 AM Reply   
i was just wondering what is so special about these skates.. there is nowhere to demo one around me .. and i was considering buying one.. INPUT??
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
get on wakeskating.com there are tons of threads about these skates
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-01-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
epic. the most board control you will get out of any skate.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
If the board was heavier it would be perfect, but there is WAY too much hype around the integs - I love the boards, but your board is only as good as you are (which 95% of the people seem to overlook)...
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-04-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
sinko, know ur stuff before you post. the 08's have quite a bit more weight to em.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Sorry grant, I shouldve stated the 08s are perfect, my bad...

Even with the added weight in the 08s some people just like a heavier board than what integ is putting out. I have nothing against them, they make a great (if not, the best constructed board) but certain things about it won't fit everyones riding style - whereas a lot of people on ws.com will preach it is the best board for anyone.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
sinko, did i say theyre perfect?no. i just said dont make stupid posts about how theyre not heavy enough when theyre the same weight as any wood concave on the market.and yes your right one board wont fit everybodies riding style but i have yet to see one person say a bad thing about the 08's. theyre is a lot different about them. and trust me i have ridden just about every board there is to ride.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-13-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Grant, no offense but maybe people are intimidated to even speak up about that? I personally know that some people have sold or are working on selling their limiteds because it simply isn't the right fit for them. I'm sure those numbers will change as time goes on. It works that way with everything.

Anyway Ryan P, these boards are unique in that they have high quality materials that are going to give you a really durable, high performance wakeskate. Some features include centerweighting in the core to help with rotational tricks, and urethane sidewalls to help with durability. They also have a version that has bamboo as the centerweight material, which makes the board a little heavier, really stiff and responsive. In addition to that, I think a lot of people are drawn to the charismatic image of the company because they're independent, and pretty hands-on, in that they'll generally answer questions and post updates on their boards and what not on wakeskating.com. They stay in touch with the community.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
IMO you can't go wrong with any board from Integrity, New, Oak, or Devotid they are all great stand up companies that all stand behind they're products and stay very active in the Wakeskating community . . . . I ride New and Devotid boards and love em
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-13-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
I actually feel that the ltd's are too buoyant. But the pop is amazing. I'm hoping to get mine to sit a little lower in the water when I get it
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
Not really a huge wakeskater but went out with some guys from integrity last week and rode one of their boards, it was def the nicest feeling skate i have ridden. Pop, Control, it had everything you would want. Would recommend very much!!!
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
my friend eddy's integ w/ bamboo core is on the way, can't wait to ride it compared to the ronix zariel we've been mostly using this season
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
I have owned a 2005 Team, TNT41 and ridden a 2008. I find all of these too light for my liking. The 2008 did not feel as twichy but I still way prefer a good ol wood concave.

Also even with the added weight of a 2008 it is not as heavy as my Reed 42....