Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm selling my boat and I have a guy from out of town interested. He is asking for Hull & CF numbers for screening. Is there any danger in sharing that information with a guy that contacted my from Craigslist?

Thanks!
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
I assume CF is the registration numbers? My opinion, I don't see the harm. Those are displayed on the side of your boat for anyone to see that wants to see anyway. Same with the hull ID. I am sure he just wants to do an insurance database search or something similar.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
That's what I figured as well. Thanks Adam.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-21-2014, 10:16 AM Reply   
Banks require the information to approve or pre approve a loan as well. He could just be making sure he can even buy your boat
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-21-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
I did the same thing last year - got pictures of at least the hull ID just so I could make sure it was legit....there are a ton of fake ads out there, and that is one way to help verify that it is legit.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-21-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
I have purchased a boat out-of-state before. I had to have a police officer verify the Hull ID numbers before I could register it. They make sure there is nothing wrong, like it was stolen. The officer recommended that I do that before the purchase to protect myself.
Good advice.