Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
this is basically a repeat of an old post, the crew i was riding with turned out to be pretty lame, mostly they would just suck up a few hundred dollars of my gas and damned if you could ever get a pull behind their boat but hey, lame people are lame.....so heres the deal folks....i have a boat i have equipment i have a rave slider, im looking for chill laid back peeps that like to ride regardless of skill level, and hopefully at least one in their crew is adapt at driving a boat so i can ride.....pitch in on gass when you can, dont when you cant, any takers?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hey Mike -

Thought I would drop you a line - summer didn't quite go as planned but I guess all is well that ends well. We have had some intermittent boat troubles which is why I didn't get back to you. I figured there was no point having you come all the way down to Wonder Lake only to be stranded with no boat. For example, we are replacing our starter for the SECOND time this season! It has been a learning experience for Mike to say the least. At any rate, now that we have replaced almost everything that is possible to replace on a boat we have a more consistent schedule and a much more reliable ride.

If you have any interest there will be a wakeboarding contest on our very own lake on Saturday, Sept. 6. The Board Shop in Lake Geneva is putting it together. I am riding in the women's division with one of my girlfriends and Mike will be in beginner or intermediate depending on the trick list. For guys there is beginner, intermediate and outlaw. All the girls are grouped together. It's only 10 bucks to enter and registration is at 8am with women starting at 9 and men thereafter. If you want any more info drop a line here or call The Board Shop.

It sounds like you have really learned a lot this season! That's awesome that you are hitting backrolls now. Way to go!
Old    wakeboardjo            08-25-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
Can you come down to Texas?

Pllleeeeaaaassssseeeeee!
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
liz i cant tell you how much i really appreciate that response, had a great time riding with you guys and honestly wondered if we had done something to put u all off....good to know, sorry if i got rude on some posts...i have tickets to a badger game that sat but i may just have to sell em cause i want to compete yet this year, just for the experience....remember we have a slider here now if you guys ever can make it, and im still up for the road trip down to your place anytime im welcome
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Forget the Badgers and come to the contest! The gal I talked to was Keni at The Board Shop, Lake Geneva. She was quite helpful and had all of the info. At the time she was expecting about 15 riders but it may have grown in numbers. The thing I like best about contests is it gives me a chance to ride different wakes. Each boat throws something a little different and you hve to adjust for it.
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
yea lol, i hate that.....havent thrown a roll behind any boat but mine......no time like the present
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
liz i wonder if that board shop would be interested in me bringing the rave down? i would do it if they wanted to include it in the comp, i guess i could bring my ski down too to pull slider runs.......now that would be a new twist to this comp ey?
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-25-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Hey Mike, I had emailed you earlier last week. I will definitely drive for you man, but I won't be able to ride because I just found out that I tore my ACL. I do have some friends that just started, they love to ride and would definitely chip in on the gas. Send me an email back with your phone number so we can get in touch. ajhuser@wisc.edu

Aaron
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
mike.....I have been SWAMPED...but maybe we can get some late season sets in after labor day...I'll be at the HD 100th!!!
~Forrest
Old    lakesideluver            08-26-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
sounds good forrest, hey aaron, damn bro i was counting on you coming out now that you are back, that really sucks dude, youve got my email....608-345-1027 is the cell.....im ready when you guys are
Old    lakesideluver            08-26-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
any other takers?
Old    lakesideluver            08-27-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
bump
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-27-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
I'd love to ride but I'm bouncing out of here for NYC in a few days.

Harley's rock. The 100th anniversary celebration is already out of control. You should just see them.
Old    lakesideluver            08-28-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
good luck in nyc scott