Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (bburns4667)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-09-2013, 12:19 AM Reply   
Im 29 years old and i have been boarding off and on through the years i quit for 6 years and have never had a boat so i only got to go a few times a summer. I learned tantrums and backrolls when i was 18 and i never even learned to ride switch.. now i have my own boat im trying to get the basics down. plus i have a runabout and no tower so basics are all i can really do. switch hs 180s and toe side 180s are learned.. just learning to go ts w2w

The problem is I cant land any of my inverts im guessing since my towpoint is so low im not getting enough hang time

heres a video of me last summer behind a bayliner with a tower.. not much wake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3BxY3ebUM

i dont know how to embed..

Any tips?
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-09-2013, 5:34 AM Reply   
That's pretty impressive off that tiny wake! Focus on lots of switch riding. Basic TS tricks and the like. 1's, 3's, grabbed spins, tweaked grabs, proper line loading, progressive edge, etc
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-10-2013, 10:30 PM Reply   
Hangtime isn't exactly everything, if the trick is executed correctly you can do it most anywhere. I was out behind a jetski this summer and managed a tantrum it's all about dropping your backhand, squaring up your shoulders to the wake and popping UP not OUT. As far as a backroll, load your line a bit as youre approaching/going up the wake, it'll help get the spin around. Make sure again you're emphasizing your upwards pop, as that's whats going to aid in getting the whole trick around.
Old     (DaveC)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-25-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
Jordan, when you say emphasize your upwards pop. How do you do that? Standing tall, pulling handle down???