Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-26-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
I sent my z5 frame off to autocycle powdercoating in Red Bank, Tennessee last week. it was pretty easy to take the canvas off and disassemble. The only part that was a real pain was removing the two foam insulation pieces that were glued to the two top cross bars. I started the process, but gave up after glue remover failed to remove the adhesive. My '12 Axis A22, which is being built right now, will come with a white tower, and will have a solid white hull. I thought that getting the z5 frame powdercoated white would help the boat pop, and would also match the white Rev 410's that I'll be putting on the tower.

I posted earlier that I would put up some pics when I got everything back, so here you go. The canvas is still dirty from where my old A22 sat outside when the pollen hit, but I'll be washing it tonight. I didn't finish everything up until late, so I didn't have time to clean last night. Oh, and the cost was $150 - which included several hours of labor stripping off all of the insulation and glue off of the rack. I could have saved some coin had I done that myself. The guys at autocycle are awesome to deal with, so if you have any small projects, hit them up. They can do mail order projects if you are not local.
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-26-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
Gonna powder coat the wetsound grilles white? I think that would be a cool look to them.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-26-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Btw Z5 looks sick! Can't wait to see it installed!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-26-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Good choice Chatt!!! Can't wait to see it, you know I'm a fan of white
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-26-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Good call! Gonna look nice.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       04-27-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
I did mine in black last year and think it looks GREAT! Well worth the money.
Old     (GotWake)      Join Date: Nov 2010       04-27-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
That looks great! I think I will do mine in black.