Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
So, my second pair of 09 limited watson's blew out 3 weeks out of warranty, and I was wondering if anyone here had figured out a way to drain them out completely and seal them back up so that they don't fill with water (until the next blowout, haha). I just bought a new board, and I have other things to deal with financially, so I can't afford a new pair of bindings or an expensive fix.

Ideas anyone?

And before anyone says anything, this isn't a thing against LF. I love their products and save for my Ronix Covenant, it's all that I'll ride. I just want to fix these bindings in general, so that I can ride them for another season or so and legitimately destroy them beyond something stupid like this.

I also plan on emailing their warranty department to see if they had a way for those of us who are out of warranty to fix blown out air pockets.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-18-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
call the shop where you got it from. maybe they can help you out with it being only 3wks out of warranty. though i will say, hope for the best but expect the worst. good luck.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2010, 10:25 PM Reply   
Joe, I've talked to them about this stuff. They're pretty much tied up in not being able to do it. They along with a bunch of other shops have been cracking down on warranty stuff because it's causing them and the board companies to hemorrhage money. Which I don't blame them for at all. But thanks for the suggestion. I may talk to the owner about it some to see what he says, but again, and like you said, I won't be holding my breath, hah.

Again, before this turns into another one of those topics where people start slamming me for posting this here like I'm trying to talk Liquid into giving me free gear out of warranty, that's completely untrue. I'm just looking for suggestions or ways that people have found that can fix/lessen the air pocket bursting problem.
Old    benj_t            07-18-2010, 10:52 PM Reply   
There are a few ways you can drain the water out or prevent it. If you can find the hole where the air pocket busted, make sure you drain most of the water out of the hole by squeezing on the air pocket where the hole is, then fill the hole with silicone, and after the silicone drys, no more water comes in. Sometimes if i cant find the hole that was busted, you can at least drain out the water every other set or so (depending how quickly the water is filling up)

I have a couple friends that have just drilled a hole in the heel of the air pockets, so they can just drain out the water after a set.

Next season they are doing away with the air pocket system, I have heard. Personally I really like the air pockets, they feel so nice while im riding but once I bust them, it can sometimes be a hassle to keep your boots from getting heavy. I ride the 2010 Watsons and the pair I'm riding right now havent been busted yet, and I have been riding them for probably around 2 months. I have had pairs that have bust within 2 weeks of riding them.